Help with purchasing from private party, with shipping involved.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have in the past used USDS, I believe their fee is $20 for the transfer + actual shipping. The last time I shipped a handgun (out of state) the actual shipping through USPS was $13 dollars.
    So $33 total.

USDS guys are great. Never had them ship one, but have done several transfers there, and driven past a bunch of other LGS to get there to do it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    USDS guys are great. Never had them ship one, but have done several transfers there, and driven past a bunch of other LGS to get there to do it.

Same here. I could do a transfer at several shops in Bloomington, but I drive from Bloomington to USDS. Nice guys. I usually make a purchase while I am there too.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I personally would send a USPS money order to him. If he doesn't ship you the gun, you can then file a Federal mail fraud case. I seriously doubt anyone would take that chance. Another option may be to contact his FFL and ask if you could send payment to him and let the FFL pay the guy when he receives the firearm for shipment?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I just sent ~2k to Texas on a personal check to a stranger to buy a rifle last month. We talked on the phone for around an hour working details and he provided references and a link to his LinkedIn. Now I have a new friend and a great rifle.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I just sent ~2k to Texas on a personal check to a stranger to buy a rifle last month. We talked on the phone for around an hour working details and he provided references and a link to his LinkedIn. Now I have a new friend and a great rifle.
    +1 on this, I still believe in the handshake and do business this way.

Top Bottom