• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    I recently purchased an iwi tavor and I have put a vortex sparc II red dot on it. I am looking to add a a light to my rifle but many of the options I would prefer to go with (such as an inforce) doesn't seem very practical. Is my only real practical option a surefire light with a pressure switch? Anyone with a suggestion that would like to chime in would be appreciated.

Last edited:

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I've been debating this with my tavor as well. I've been thinking very hard about switching the charging handle over to the right side of the rifle and putting the rail on the left so I can stick an inforce wml on there. I've also thought about sticking the wml on the top rail on top of the back up iron sights but then I'd lose the ability to use the irons. I've also thrown a pistol light on the rail just to see what it was like and it wasn't too bad. Just have to change my grip a little bit to be able to activate it.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    One option for lights is to obtain one of several aftermarket handguards available. All that I've seen have an option to mount the light inside the handguard. Most guys seems to be mounting them with part of the light out front of the handguard like the first photo. This is the handguard from Gear Head Works Tavor Parts (Another one is from Manticore Arms Tavor rifle products )

GearHeadWorks_Handguard_LightInFront_1_zpse2177103.jpg

I have a handguard from Midwest Industries (uses keymod for accessory mounting) that has the option to mount the light completely inside the handguard. This is not mine, but the set up looks like this.
    MI_Forend_Light_Inside_1_zps2372cf5d.jpg

I don't like this set up shown above because when housed completely inside the handguard the tail of the light and the wire for the remote switch are jammed up against the trigger mechanism. I am returning my handguard and exchanging it for this one from Midwest which is supposed to be available in a couple of weeks. This one will allow more breathing room for the wires.
    MI_Forend_Long_1_zpsc53abe0c.jpg

The light I'm using BTW is the SureFire M620C which has the 1" bezel that is required to fit flush inside the handguard mount. The mount shown below can be removed from the light. There are other lights with 1" bezels that would work.
    SureFire_Scout_M620C_1_zpse377d529.jpg

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Thanks a million times over yamadog35! I didn't realize they even had many aftermarket hand guards for them. I tried googling tavor accessories a few times to no avail but one of those options would be exactly what I'm looking for! Kudos to you!

Top Bottom