• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newgunguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    delaware county
    have a Targa 25 automatic that was my mothers, don't know anything about it, is it really an automatic? be kind remember I'm new to pistols, whats it worth? looking to get my wife something else to carry(9mm) maybe, thanks in advance

Chris

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks like it was made by the predecessor to EAA (Tanfoglio). Not worth a lot - $100 - $150 if in excellent condition, but from what I've seen they were decent little guns. Better than Jennings, Bryco, Raven, etc..

As for the "automatic", that's just what the semi-autos were called (and the ammo is still referred to as .25 auto).

Soside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sounds like something you clean up and put away get your wife a what ever she is comfortable with some like 9mm some like .380's some are hard core and shoot .44 mags the best way is for you and her to go to a gun shop and see what she is comfortable holding.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The confusion may have arisen because the name of the round this pistol shoots is the "25 auto" or 25 ACP (automatic colt pistol).
    An automatic weapon fires continuously when the trigger is depressed.
    Semiautomatic (which this pistol and basically all handguns you'll ever see are) shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger.

There ARE fully automatic handguns. It's not a dumb question.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmrggqzwhFc[/ame]

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    have a Targa 25 automatic that was my mothers, don't know anything about it, is it really an automatic? be kind remember I'm new to pistols, whats it worth? looking to get my wife something else to carry(9mm) maybe, thanks in advance

Chris

Hey Chris! Welcome to Ingo! We're always glad to help out new guys! The Targa .25 Auto is an inexpensive defensive pistol. .25 refers to the caliber. Automatic refers to both the caliber, .25ACP as mentioned above, as well as telling you that it "automatically" fires a round, ejects the spent casing, and reloads a fresh round each time the trigger is pulled. A full-auto gun does this whole process and then repeats it, without you having to re-pull the trigger. (Firearms that do this are HEAVILY regulated. you probably don't have one of these!)

As to what it's worth, I'd say it's worth as much for sentimental value as it is monitary value! However, i hope it is a gate-way gun to get you more into the fun of handgunning! Stick around, ask more questions! There's a lot of fun(and knowledge) to be had around here!

Also, the classifieds are not the place for conversation, but I'm sure a moderator will be around shortly to move this to the correct location. You might want to check out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) above for answers to more common questions!

Welcome!
    Seancass

Top Bottom