• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    The generous folks that organize and devote large amounts of their personal time to our various shooting disciplines are generally starved for the support they need to continue hosting the competitions we enjoy. I won't go into the amount of effort these people unselfishly devote to plan and host these events, but I can assure you it's more than the casual observer, or competitor, realize. Although a hearty "Thanks, great match" is appreciated, they need help!
    Of those here that participate in one or more monthly matches, would you be more likely to volunteer your time early on match day, or make the extra trip the day before the match to help set up?
    What if the match start time was moved from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. to allow same day set up? Would you consider arriving at, say 8:00 a.m., to do a little work ?
    Let's hear from you guys! :rockwoot:

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Good points!

I'm involved with youth events, and there's plenty of set-up and preparation involved as you stated. Since my age was 40+ when first getting involved with the events, perhaps I'd settled down enough (by that age) to offer my time, and attention to help make those events a success.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    The generous folks that organize and devote large amounts of their personal time to our various shooting disciplines are generally starved for the support they need to continue hosting the competitions we enjoy. I won't go into the amount of effort these people unselfishly devote to plan and host these events, but I can assure you it's more than the casual observer, or competitor, realize. Although a hearty "Thanks, great match" is appreciated, they need help!
    Of those here that participate in one or more monthly matches, would you be more likely to volunteer your time early on match day, or make the extra trip the day before the match to help set up?
    What if the match start time was moved from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. to allow same day set up? Would you consider arriving at, say 8:00 a.m., to do a little work ?
    Let's hear from you guys! :rockwoot:

Thanks for posting GH2. I am more than willing to show up at 8:00 a.m. at various clubs to help with set up. Some places require two days and that is hard to do. I'm over the staying out late part of my life, well as of about 3-4 months ago :D, I'm generally up early anyway.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    These matches just don't happen, it takes alot of effort and time to make sure that the show goes on.

It doesn't take alot of physical effort, if you can work a screw gun, a stapler, able to hold some 2x2 in place you can help

an extra hour or 2 in the morning on a sunday and you will have a great match.

All the clubs need the help, get out there and put forth the effort

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I expect a cup of coffee and a sweet delight when I grace a range with my presence. :D

Never happens, but I keep wishing for it nonetheless.

Last edited:

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I set up vision barriers, activators, steel and fault lines fri./saturday before the match. I'm fortunate that I have 3-5 local fellas I call and they generously donate thier time to help set up. I let my fri./saturday help shoot the match no charge. Small price to pay for the benefit of 12-16 manhours needed just to setup stages for the match. Sunday morning volunteers who help with target placement, stapling, all the fine tuning, you guys are greatly appreciated as well..

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The bulk of stages at FWAPS are usually set up Saturday with the targets themselves and final touches put on the stages sunday. The more people that show up the better the stages can be!

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    You guys do any matches in the southern Indianapolis area. I might be open to helping out when I'm home.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    You guys do any matches in the southern Indianapolis area. I might be open to helping out when I'm home.

Nothing "near" south Indy...below is the normal club schedules with estimated drive times from South Indy.

1st Sunday South Central Freetown Indiana (1.5 hours)
    2nd Sunday Silver Creek Sellersburg Indiana (1.5 hours)
    2nd Sunday Warsaw Warsaw Indiana (2.5 hours)
    3rd Sunday Wabash Valley Pistol Club Terre Haute (1.0 hour)
    4th Sunday Atlant Conservation Club Atlanta, IN (1.0 hour)

for a full schedule of shooting schedules go to Indygunracers.com - Indiana Competition Shooting Information

Top Bottom