Helped my little fire her first shot today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Helped my little girl fire her first shot today.

Today I was out back with my daughter and my savage fvsr 22lr. It was a last minute thing and but I just figured today would be the day she gets to fire her first shot if she wanted to. She was really excited and I basically did everything for her but had her pull the trigger. She loved it. I loaded a 22lr tracer for her first shot and she saw it go into the backstop. After her shot she was over it, but I kept the empty piece of brass for a keepsake. We've got a long way to go as far as gun training goes, but there's no way I'm going to produce one of those antigun women out. I can honestly say that my little girl fired her shot before she was 4 and it was a tracer to boot.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Its a magic time. I started letting my son shoot my Marlin Model 60, the first rifle I ever shot and then inherited, this summer. Its rumored Santa is bringing him a Savage Rascal this Christmas...

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Yeah its a great time, I helped my middle son prepare his boys first shots. I had my 22 (Marlin 60) and his boys both shot them at about age 8~10 or so. The oldest really wanted to shoot my SKS so after a long discussion about how hard it kicked and adamant warnings he still wanted to shoot it ~ He was a pretty good sized boy so we decided it was ok. He took one shot smiled real big and said thanks - then started rubbing his shoulder. Didn't want to shoot it any more that day but a few months later had to do it some more. He is an avid shooter to this day - and now has my Great grandson - figure he's got a few more years till his turn!

Top Bottom