• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigeric08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    jackson county
    Anyone heard of or shot or even own a Helwan 9mm made in Egypt by interarms. Just curious how these rank against a highpoint. Accuracy? Reliability? A friend just purchased one kind of reminds me of a beretta but much uglier.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I have a Navy Arms imported Helwan 951 with a squiggle marked slide and the only English on the slide is "DANSWAY CAL 9mm" U.A.R.. It also has the last two digits of the Arabic serial number painted on the left side and rear of the grips. I am guessing it started out as a military or police weapon and was produced in the United Arab Republic ( 1958-1971 ) time frame. Compared to a new Interarms Helwan the U.A.R. pistol is machined better. Both pistols functioned well.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    The milsurp Helwans are decent,.......the 'made for import' Helwans are junk. Very, very common to find the latter torn down and sold as parts kits. I've owned both but would not likely have another. Neither is anywhere close to the quality of the original Beretta 951 which can be found for about the same price. I've got three Berettas that were purchased off of GB for as little as $209 or as high as $250. They're the bargain.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    I seen one at my local gun store. Older guy who purchased a bunch if mil surp guns and got one of these. He has 269 on it and I checked it out and wasn't impressed, holds 10 rounds? Looked like a Beretta which was the reason it caught my interest in the first place

Top Bottom