• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Henry makes incredible lever action rifles. I own a goldenboy an love it. First off, it is the smoothest lever action you will find. If you don't trust me, cycle the lever action of any Winchester, Marlin, Rossi, or Mossberg. Then, cycle the action of a henry and you'll start giggling like a little girl.

The accuracy is incredible as well. Hitting bulls-eye at 50 yards becomes almost too easy. At 25 yards, free standing you'll be splitting branches barely bigger than the diameter of the bullet.

Similar to Winchester and Marlin, Henrys hold their value well. You cannot go wrong with a Henry.

bushlight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    If my creit card can stand another buy.I may go get one then.And if hickok45 likes them then they must be good.Thanks for your reply's.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Someone needs to talk me into buying one.Have an older mossberg just looking for a good plinker.

If you are just looking for a good plinker, don't get a Henry. :D On the other hand if you are looking for a GREAT plinker, get a Henry!

I have one, great right out of the box action and amazing accuracy!

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Thank you for posting about this! I've since done some research and will now plan to purchase a Henry as well!
    Thanks for helping me add to my collection.:rockwoot:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Henry VS REAL Marlin

I have a Marlin lever gun(1897 Cowboy) and a Henry Golden Boy. The Marlin cost's 3X what the Henry does. I have to admit...the Henry shoots and cycles soooooooooooooo much smoother than the Marlin. Still love them both, but I have to be honest. For the money buy a Henry.:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Just bought one yesterday! Grandson just turned 6 and I'm planning on getting him ready for squirrel season this August. The wife tried it out and really liked it also! Maybe the start of some good family shooting fun!:)

erictorp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    Me and my son love shooting mine. Most of the time we shoot 22 shorts in it, the tube holds 20 shorts or 15 LR. Haven't shot longs. Smooth, accurate, and fun.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Buy one. You won't be disappointed. I bought mine in the youth model, just for easier portability and lighter weight. Fun little plinker, accuracy is awesome, and they are oh-so-smooth.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Don't laugh. Got mine at WalMart was under $280.00. Also got a 550 pack of 22lr, for $18.00. Last year. Model IIRC is 007, basic rifle in blue with wooden stocks. Again it is a diamond in the rough. A blast to shoot, and accurate.
    Shop around, you may find cheaper. The LGS were usually over $300.00. Classified has some now and then, but they sell fast. Good luck.

Top Bottom