Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How do you like the thunderbolt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. But I haven't been able to shoot as much as I want.
    1st or 2nd time out shooting it and it would fire when I pumped it. Without the trigger being pulled.
    I sent it back.
    They fixed it.
    But, when they fixed it, they must have dropped the spring for the "nub" that pops up and holds the bullets in the magazine.
    Because when I would pump it forward, it would load the bullet, then when I pumped back, it would put a bullet under the loading ramp, which jammed the gun.
    So, I sent it back.
    They fixed it.

Then I broke the rear sight. My problem, not theirs.
    I ordered a new sight. They sent it.

I haven't taken it out since, been a little busy.

But, before I broke the sight, I was having a blast.
    .38 and .357 were great.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I absolutely love the .357 Henry my daughter (6) shot it all summer in preparation for deer season. Practiced with 38 and shot a few 357 to check poi and it was the same. Iron sights and she hits 100yds every time. 12” plate

spencer5650

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2013
    Bedford
    Never had a Henry but I’ve heard good things about them. Used to have a Marlin 1894cl in357 magnum. It was a good shooter, but I got tired of the loading gate chewing up my finger.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Never had a Henry but I’ve heard good things about them. Used to have a Marlin 1894cl in357 magnum. It was a good shooter, but I got tired of the loading gate chewing up my finger.

Helps to let a cartridge stick out of the tube before putting another in. I can't load 357 past 2-3 rounds without using that trick. But yes, it's the only thing that I don't love about it.

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    I’ve been looking and boy I tell ya I will have one very soon. I’m not sure how I hadn’t noticed them. I have always known they existed but guess I just didn’t know they could look so nice. I’m a big fan of the silver ones. Lookin at 22 mag but also considered spending the extra to get 357 or 44. Still on the fence. Might have to be availability cuz I don’t know a place to mail an online purchase to anymore.

MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    I want one myself and I don't know why. Don't really have a use for it other than good ol plinking. Lol. I guess if I find one on a bargain I'll find out how bad I need it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I won an "American Eagle" last year on the Henry forums site. It was a drawing for the site's 3rd anniversary, and it was the grand prize.
    It is something to behold, and to shoot.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/HENRY-GOLDEN-BOY-RIMFIRE-RIFLES/3273365.uts

No, it's NOT for sale!

I also have another .22lr Henry, a .22WMR "Frontier" model Henry, and 2@ .327 Federal magnum Henry's.
    I do like my Henry's.

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    Picked up this golden boy .22LR yesterday. She’s got a little wear and tear but boy can it shoot smooth.

qJeZEka.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

This is why I want to try a RPP loading gate on mine, but I'm not sure it will help. It's the only thing about my 1894 that I don't care for (other than the lackluster wood, but I bought it to be a user).

For the OP, I have several Henrys and like them all. They don't have the loading gate issue because they don't have loading gates.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I got the big loop 16" barrel steel big boy. The action is smooth, accuracy is great. This is going to be a fun little rifle to have around.

The Henry seems to be a well made rifle in all aspects.

Top Bottom