• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I was web browsing and came across these on the Henry website. They look like very nice rifles that would be a blast to shoot and with the Henry reputation makes me want to add one to my inventory. Love those octagon barrels! Any owners past or present have anything to say about them good, bad, etc.? Anything I should know?

Thanks. :)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Bit the bullet and ordered the .22 magnum model.

Almost changed my mind when the gunsmith told me that you can scratch them with bare fingers if not careful. He said most everyone he has sold them to say they are afraid to shoot them for fear of scratching the brass components. He did say that was the earlier models and wasn't sure about the new ones if they've improved the finish or not.

I had to chuckle as I heard him remark to himself as he was looking through his catalogs, "wow, that's an expensive .22". Again, I almost changed my mind thinking maybe he was right and I should go with a cheaper bolt action marlin or the like. But I always wanted a Henry! :)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Good thing you didn't. Yes you have to be careful with the rifle's finish, but that part about marring the finish with your bare hands is bull hockey. Everyone needs at least one "pretty" gun.

Top Bottom