• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I bought the Big Boy in .17HMR last summer.... WOW. It is really sweet. Why .17HMR? I already have plenty of .22's in handguns and rifles. I have a NAA mini revolver in .22Magnum. I really debated between the magnum or the .17hmr.
    I'm really happy I went with the hmr..... wow....what a round. That puppy can really reach out and touch something. :) Yep...wind is a factor, but I'm just plinking, I don't care. :)
    The action is super smooth. The brass really draws attention up and down the shooting line. Everybody wants to look at it.
    Ammo? Cost is pretty much a push with magnum...and I find hmr to be more readily available.
    So, my advice? Buy one. :twocents:

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Own a .22 Henry with the octagon barrel, cant remember the model. My father bought it brand new for my son about 4 years ago and we shot, cleaned it and it has been in the back of the safe. This summer my son, who will be 7 yrs old, will get to shoot it for the first time.
    It is a smooth operating, fine rifle. My son lost his grandfather to cancer last year, but we have that nice Henry rifle my dad bought him. Dad looked hard at different .22s for his grandson and picked the Henry, that was saying something.

Buzzard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I've had one for over 10 years now and love it. It has been reliable and isn't picky about ammo. I added the large loop lever so I could wear gloves in cold weather and still use it. The loop was an easy swap.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Bought one last spring, shot it, cleaned it, and stored it. They are a well made rifle, and fine shooter. With the disappearing of 22 cal ammo, am trying to keep my ammo supply up and am hoping to see the end of this shortage. Have a Plinkster 22 cal Single Action revolver as well, they go together rather well. Buy it, you won't regret it.
    Find some ammo, have fun. Good luck.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I bought a 22lr for my dad about 7 years ago, it is a smooth shooting little rifle. Dad passed about a year ago so it sits on my rack now, with a kid on the way it will get passed on to him when my time comes, but he is going to learn on the bolt action single shot my grandpa left me. Get the Henry, you won't be disappointed!

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    Henry's are great. I have a H001 22 with a scope and is fun to shoot and accurate. I also bought a Big Boy 44 mag about a month ago and hardly has any recoil with the octagonal barrel, then 2 days ago I bought a 22 magnum and hopefully I'll shoot this weekend. They make a good quality lever action riffle, you can't go wrong.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Yep Henry Rifles can become a collection in them selves. You can't go wrong no matter which model you choose, but my favorite is the .17 HMR. Also if any other Henry owners are considering a scope and mount, the cantilever mount that Henry has listed on their web site is a nice quality product. I have them on 2 of my rifles. Order direct online from the factory and usually have it in about 4 days.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    have a golden boy 17hmr and a 22 carbine. both are good shooters and have a nice clean action.

now only if the malcolm scopes weren't so blasted pricey, the golden boy would have one.

I don't know if this will help or not.... Alan @ AA Optics here on this sight fixed me up with a Vortex Crossfire for $150 for my Golden Boy. I love it. :yesway:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I have two Henrys - a .22LR with octagonal barrel and a .22 mag. They both shot high at 25 yards with the stock rear sight adjusted all the way down. I briefly put a scope on the .22 mag but it was so ugly I couldn't stand it. I ended up putting Marbles tang mounted peep sights on both of them and couldn't be happier. The tang sight has plenty of adjustment to handle 25 to maybe 150 yards. Here's a picture I took before putting the Marbles on the .22LR (on the bottom). The .22LR is one of my favorites with the nice figured walnut and octagonal barrel. Both have silky smooth actions.

henrys.jpg

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    The only regret I have with my Henry 22 is that I didnt show the self restraint to save for the Golden Boy versus the standard one I purchased. Love the one I have, but the Golden Boys' are works of art... almost too pretty to shoot..... almost! ;)

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I have two Henrys - a .22LR with octagonal barrel and a .22 mag. They both shot high at 25 yards with the stock rear sight adjusted all the way down. I briefly put a scope on the .22 mag but it was so ugly I couldn't stand it. I ended up putting Marbles tang mounted peep sights on both of them and couldn't be happier. The tang sight has plenty of adjustment to handle 25 to maybe 150 yards. Here's a picture I took before putting the Marbles on the .22LR (on the bottom). The .22LR is one of my favorites with the nice figured walnut and octagonal barrel. Both have silky smooth actions.

henrys.jpg

:yesway: Nice looking pieces!

Top Bottom