• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I am looking to buy a lever action .22 rifle and see that Henry makes a nice looking one in the price range I want to be in but have no knowledge of this manufacturer. Has anyone owned a Henry rifle and if so I would apprecate some feedback. I am looking at their model H001.

Thanks

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I have one in 22 mag. Love it. Bought my daughter a youth model in 22lr earlier this year.

The 22 mag I bought at Fetlas. Must have been hanging on the wall for several years. Whatever oil or cosmo was on it had turned crusty. It would not extract. I sent it back to Henry and they fixed it right up. Even tightened up the hand guard and fixed a spot where the bluing had worn off. I don't even think they had it a week. Anthony the president is very accessible. He will usually answer any question within a few minutes.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Michiana, if that H001 is the large loop version, I am interested in it as well. Don't know where their break is for quantity discounts, but ...

edit, I believe the large loop version is the H001L.

Last edited:

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    My dad has an 001 and a Golden boy in 22M, and have been very reliable for him (squirrels, coons and crows). Heavier than by Browning BL-22, but a very nice rifle. There is just somthing about a lever action, easy to carry with the narrow action, and seem to feed about anything, even the Winchester soft points that seem to make the Auto loaders jam.

I ordered both of his from Wyatts.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Found some Henry large lever action 22's

Michiana, if that H001 is the large loop version, I am interested in it as well. Don't know where their break is for quantity discounts, but ...

edit, I believe the large loop version is the H001L.

I think I will be ordering one of these for myself; if anyone else has an interest in picking one up send me a PM and I will give the cost, etc. It will be dealer plus $20 plus 2% for Credit Card, shipping and sales tax. Transfer fee will be my usual $20 for InGun members.

Dick

HN.png
    Henry Repeating Arms HENRY LEVER ACTION 22 CARBINE LARGE LOOP LEVER Item No: HNH001L
    Model: Carbine Model Lever Action
    Caliber: 22 LR
    caOKicon.gif
    MSRP: $329.95

henry_lever22_largeloop.jpg

Last edited:

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    IMHO the henry's are the best lever .22lr available. smooth action, good triggers, good accuracy, and great price. the marlin 39a may have a slight edge in accuracy, but usually have poor triggers

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    i have the henry in .22mag. I love the thing. Though, I am a hick and small town farm boy. It is worth the money. I had to send mine back to have the lever worked on as it would not completely 'lever' the action enough to work another round into the chamber. They turned it around very quickly.

I want a golden boy in either .44mag or .357/.38spec. one of these years as well as the simple .22LR. Worth the money to me.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    They have them in stock now

i have the henry in .22mag. I love the thing. Though, I am a hick and small town farm boy. It is worth the money. I had to send mine back to have the lever worked on as it would not completely 'lever' the action enough to work another round into the chamber. They turned it around very quickly.

I want a golden boy in either .44mag or .357/.38spec. one of these years as well as the simple .22LR. Worth the money to me.

I just ordered two of the standard 22's with the large lever and a very good price and they also have the big boy in 45 colt and the golden boy in 44mag and the yellow boy in 38 special. I did not see any in 357mag.

I can't wait to give mine a try.

zapind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    The Henry H001 is very near the design of the Erma rifle that was sold as the Ithaca Model 72. They are great rifles and will shoot shorts, long and LR without any issues. If you want to replace the plastic forearm band and sight with metal ones they are available for under 25 dollars. You will be impressed with the customer service at Henry.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    A couple friends have Henry's. If they bring them out when I'm around, they won't get to shoot them untill i run out of ammo. Great rifles that are just a blast to shoot. I like Michiana's style: Buy two!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    showed up and looks great

A couple friends have Henry's. If they bring them out when I'm around, they won't get to shoot them untill i run out of ammo. Great rifles that are just a blast to shoot. I like Michiana's style: Buy two!

The Henry's showed up last evening. One is going to a fellow INgun member but one for me is OK. Quality looked good and can't wait to shoot it. One thing that upset me is that SOG upped the price $5 a gun on me after they quoted me the same price that was on their catalog. It is still a good deal compared to retail but I do not think it is ethical.

Dick

gunlvr1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hello, This is my first reply, I have had a henry .22lr for a couplle of years, and It is a great gun. The action is smooth and I think the quality for the price is outstanding. I for 1 recommend this rifle to anyone. Thanks, Gunlver1956

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Field testing my new guns.

I had some health issues I have had to deal with but I expect to go to Pop's next week and now I have my new S&W 22A AND the Henry to test. I also need to recheck my Kahr. Busy-Busy-Busy................. I have fondled the Henry a few times....:D

Top Bottom