• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I managed to snag a Bigboy 44mag a while back. Before I get nailed about picks I already have :-P I love everything except the small lever loop. I have been eyeing the large looped lever but Henry's site has been sold out for a long time. I deside to give Ebay a try. There were a few. One was 10 bucks over the Henry site price but it had a "make offer" option. so I offer the factory price and it was accepted.

When it shipped it was from the same city Henry is. So I would guess they are selling them on Ebay now. I was glad to snag one and I got it for the same price. If you are looking for one give ebay a shot. I am not complaining about Henry. Just passing on the info just in case someone else has been looking for one too.

Have a good and safe weekend and remember our vets this weekend.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Henry are awesome rifles, but i find that that big loop on a lever gun gets caught on branches and other things when using the rifles.

I just target practice at the range. I am not a hunter. Maybe someday! I have really large hands and I have to strunch up my hand a bit to get my fingers in the loop. It is just not a good feel in my hand. I love the rifle but I think I will love it more with the bigger loop. We'll see. I will post my findings. I hope to have the new lever by the middle of the week.

Last edited:

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I just target practice at the range. I am not a hunter. Maybe someday! I have really large hands and I have to strunch up my hand a bit to get my fingers in the loop. It is just not a good feel in my hand. I love the rifle but I think I will love it more with the bigger loop. We'll see. I will post my findings. I hope to have the new lever by the middle of the week.
    i agree on the feeling of the large lever loop lever, i have a 1892 with the smaller lever and i have the same problem with operating it, its impossible wearing gloves.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a Big Boy on my list. Thanks for the thread. Since I hunt and don't have large hands it has helped me make a decision on the lever.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I have a Big Boy on my list. Thanks for the thread. Since I hunt and don't have large hands it has helped me make a decision on the lever.
    even if you have large hands if you hunt get the small lever, trust me the big loops catch every tree limb and bit of brush, its kinda like headphone cords they just get tangled on every thing.

454puttna

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    martinsville
    I won one of these at an NRA dinner a few years ago. A golden one with nice gold etching, I've been very careful with it but cant hang it on the wall. Took a few deer with it from a blind. My thought on the lever is it's small but the bigger one looks like it would catch everything.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The new lever showed up Wednesday. It really is not that much bigger. I think it feels great in my hand. I think it will be great! Sling mount and a scope bracket is next.

It was really easy to install. It took about 5 minutes max.

We'll have to see how it feels at the range.

I did get the chance to fondle a Marlin lever on a 45-70. It is a toss between the Marlin and the Henry. My heart is telling me Henry. I want to give my first born grandchild my Bigboy 44mag and my son the 45-70. When I pass on that is!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom