• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What would be the point? We already covered that earlier, and nothing's changed since then.
    Grow up.

HHhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

They filter in.

481 posts in this thread and you respond in this manner.
    Who is being childish.
    Fair question.
    We all know how you stand politically.
    That is your right. It is seriously confusing to gun owners in the face of all the insanity POTUS has pushed on us and you as a gun owner (you are a gun owner correct) stay in lock step with him.
    You are a gun owner yes......fair question.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not sure how they can. I believe they are trying to stop the joe blows at the gun shows with the signs that read "private seller" or "private collection". It's all a load of crap anyway. Obama just wants the anti's to believe he's doing something while he does nothing.
    Unless they try to ban all private sales at gun shows there is simply no way to prove someone is in the "business of selling firearms" unless they are caught selling above this arbitrary amount at one particular show. Even then someone would have to be keeping track of how many firearms these so called individuals have been selling.

Keep in mind that the questions I've been asking are pretty much rhetorical in nature and I'm fully aware that this move by Obama is really meant as a political act that will not prevent anything as you have pointed out.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Unless they try to ban all private sales at gun shows there is simply no way to prove someone is in the "business of selling firearms" unless they are caught selling above this arbitrary amount at one particular show.

Once again, I have concerns that this is not true. If the IRS can pull a number out of thin air about how much they decide a person made and did not pay taxes on, and it becomes a binding figure with little or no recourse, and you are on the hook for it, and if the drug warriors can arbitrarily decide that you have intent to distribute based on possession of an arbitrary amount of a substance, I see no reason why the BATFags can't, by whatever alchemy, pull a number out of their collective ass about how many guns you are deemed to have sold, or decide that possession of more than an arbitrary number of guns, especially in conjunction with making an attempt to sell any of them, constitutes intent to be an unlicensed dealer. The precedent is already there at more than one level. All they have to do is apply it to guns.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Once again, I have concerns that this is not true. If the IRS can pull a number out of thin air about how much they decide a person made and did not pay taxes on, and it becomes a binding figure with little or no recourse, and you are on the hook for it, and if the drug warriors can arbitrarily decide that you have intent to distribute based on possession of an arbitrary amount of a substance, I see no reason why the BATFags can't, by whatever alchemy, pull a number out of their collective ass about how many guns you are deemed to have sold, or decide that possession of more than an arbitrary number of guns, especially in conjunction with making an attempt to sell any of them, constitutes intent to be an unlicensed dealer. The precedent is already there at more than one level. All they have to do is apply it to guns.

...or put you on the no-fly list for no damn reason.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Have you all noticed that EVERY news story for the past 4 days has began with the EO gun control story?
    Again the Dems are leading the narrative. What aren't we talking about in this election year?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess the devil is in the details (more like the devil is formulating the details) and we will have to wait and see what they determine constitutes "being in the business" and how many firearms sales it takes to cross that threshold.

Theoretically a person could sell a fair bit under that arbitrary threshold through private sales at a gun show without a background check and could have just as good of a chance to sell one to a person with ill intent so this baseless EO is in essence a political load of bunk that will prevent nothing.

Last edited:

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    HHhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

They filter in.

481 posts in this thread and you respond in this manner.
    Who is being childish.
    Fair question.
    We all know how you stand politically.
    That is your right. It is seriously confusing to gun owners in the face of all the insanity POTUS has pushed on us and you as a gun owner (you are a gun owner correct) stay in lock step with him.
    You are a gun owner yes......fair question.

LOL... it's like watching a No True Scotsman fallacy played out, live. Yes, I own several guns and have my permit. But hey, if telling yourself that I just can't be makes the cognitive dissonance quiet down, be my guest.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    LOL... it's like watching a No True Scotsman fallacy played out, live. Yes, I own several guns and have my permit. But hey, if telling yourself that I just can't be makes the cognitive dissonance quiet down, be my guest.
    Nice fancy talk and everything but it doesn't exactly take a genius to figure out why you're here.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

Vote Democrat = vote you gun rights away.
    Vote Republican = vote to protect and retain your gun rights.

All the rest is mouth boogie nearly all of us don't give a rat's ass about. You're in the wrong place to make your arguments. This is a gun forum. We don't care about the other BS. We care about what Democrats WILL do to our gun rights, given sufficient power. You aren't likely to change a single mind here. Sorry to be so direct, but that's how it is here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Nope. Nothing of the sort. You answered two fair questions for me. Thank you.

Now......explain how you think leaning to the left supports the 2A and other constitutional freedoms they would remove from us.
    How forcing the citizens to enter into a contract (no matter what scotus ruled, they are wrong and we all know it) can be glossed over and moved past by those who believe as you do.
    yes, there is a problem. I see it. Many others do as well. If you do not that is on you but your arguments seem shallow at best.
    I fear what little remains of the country I grew up in is fading away.

Oh you are real enough.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

How is it cognitive dissonance to recognize the obvious truth that you value frivolous and contrived 'rights' divined out of the blank spaces between the lines while placing comparatively little value on the bedrock of the Constitution which so long as it remains standing in spite of the relentless attacks on it, is what separates us from those who are either de facto or de jure subjects of their governments?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How is it cognitive dissonance to recognize the obvious truth that you value frivolous and contrived 'rights' divined out of the blank spaces between the lines while placing comparatively little value on the bedrock of the Constitution which so long as it remains standing in spite of the relentless attacks on it, is what separates us from those who are either de facto or de jure subjects of their governments?

I need another thesaurus....

Top Bottom