• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Just minor rant about people being inconsiderate....

A guy emailed me about a trade over armslist, and I refused because there's not security in mailing out two items arranged over armslist. He said he would ship first so I agreed, and currently (for about another half an hour) have both of our items.

The thing that gets me is it was missing the pistol grip screw. Not a huge deal, but I had asked him prior to the trade:
    does your stock have the action block and pistol grip screw? It looks like those little parts could get lost
    I emailed him asking about the screw and quoting my original email and he replies,
    You asked if it came with those items and I told you it comes with everything to run it.
    True, but come on...dodgy sonuva*****. He's lucky I'm not the type to just run off with both items...grr.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    IMHO, he lied by omission... falsely represented his item and is playing games with you ...

tell him he can either buy you a replacement screw or he can send you money to ship his gun back to him... otherwise you're going to keep it until he comes to pick it up...

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Its a slide-fire stock. I don't really have a leg to stand on because of the phrasing of his original reply to my original question.

Also, I have an extra pistol grip screw (I think/hope) but just on principal its a annoying, and ballsy considering I could just abscond with both stocks ha.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Its a slide-fire stock. I don't really have a leg to stand on because of the phrasing of his original reply to my original question.

Also, I have an extra pistol grip screw (I think/hope) but just on principal its a annoying, and ballsy considering I could just abscond with both stocks ha.

Some people are idiots! If you got a good deal on it, I would keep it and lesson learned, if you could do better I would ship it back.

I am assuming that he has your address since he shipped it to you. I wouldn't escalate the situation too much for that fact. Not saying you can't defend yourself, but with all the crazies in the world you don't need some wacko and his trouble!

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Some people are idiots! If you got a good deal on it, I would keep it and lesson learned, if you could do better I would ship it back.

I am assuming that he has your address since he shipped it to you. I wouldn't escalate the situation too much for that fact. Not saying you can't defend yourself, but with all the crazies in the world you don't need some wacko and his trouble!

Solid advice, yeah. I took the other road and made jokes about sending him a whole box of random screws with his stock, etc, and he said he will send me a screw. Guess he's not so bad after all. :)

Top Bottom