• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    What do you guys use to clean the inside of the windows your cars? I seem to have a permanent film on the inside of my windows. Non-smoker and I clean my car regularly, but for the life of me, I cannot get the film off. I have tried every flavor of Windex (and store brands). Even good ol' vinegar and water. It all seems to work at first, but the film persists. Any ideas?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Stoner's Invisiglass. Comes in a spray can. Cuts through about ANYTHING, and stays clean for a bit.

I hate Windex, and tryed all kids of stuff before finding this stuff. Works like a charm, and safe on tint.

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Stoner's Invisiglass. Comes in a spray can. Cuts through about ANYTHING, and stays clean for a bit.

I hate Windex, and tryed all kids of stuff before finding this stuff. Works like a charm, and safe on tint.

At this point, I will give anything a try. Where can I pick some up? I assume any auto parts store.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    At this point, I will give anything a try. Where can I pick some up? I assume any auto parts store.
    Yep. Autozone, O'Reilly, and I think even WalMart.

Use a microfiber or terry cloth with it, and don't let it get too wet (cut down on streaks).

If you want to go to the extreme, follow-up with the inside version of Rain-X (anti-fog). NOTHING will stick to the inside (including your GPS's suction cup mount)!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    We use this:

Sprayway Glass cleaner

Buzzillions.com

And do not use cloth towels. We use a paper towel made for windows.

It is a good glass cleaner. I once saw them priced at $10.99 a can at Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn which is outrageous.

If you are close by I can sell you a can at our cost. Just ask for me.

Ed

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield

BIG +1 for Stoner's Invisiglass. I use the foam type out of the can, they also sell it in a spray bottle. Use crinkled up newspaper too for best result no streaks. You could also clay both the inside and outside of the glass before, will make it extremely smooth and take all impurities out of the glass.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    BIG +1 for Stoner's Invisiglass. I use the foam type out of the can, they also sell it in a spray bottle. Use crinkled up newspaper too for best result no streaks. You could also clay both the inside and outside of the glass before, will make it extremely smooth and take all impurities out of the glass.

Only problem I have found with Stoners is if you spay it on hot glass and it dries, it leaves very small white spots. Doing small areas is best.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Make your own glass cleaner

I have found the Very Best glass cleaner, it even takes dog slobber off of the patio window sliding door.

It's an even three part mixture of white vinegar, 91% Isopropyl Alcohol (CVS type) and water. Mix all three in a spray bottle.

All ingredients are cheap and you won't believe how well it works ..

~TK

Top Bottom