• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Most people don't realize that a lot of companies not only track your phone they listen in and record, landlines included if ya don't believe this YOU KANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Can an employer track your Smart Phone (GPS) without your permission or knowledge?

If so, can you avoid it?

I know my company does but it's their phone so,they're more than welcome to do as they wish with it. As for my personal phone :dunno: don't care as I don't carry it at work. I figure the Government tracks everything and if they want to know my pizza ordering habits,more power to em.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    Have you ever left it unattended at work or couldn't find it at work, or let a superior use your phone?

If so, "they" could have covertly down loaded & installed a location tracking software that does'nt show up as an app. Or activated a "friends tracking app" that runs in the background, so they can tell your location at anytime.

If they're really good and sneaky, they may have "pinging" capability which tracks the phone by it's constant RF output.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The company I work for has gotten so inept at everything in the last few years, if they COULD track my phone, I'd probably get a pop up alert saying "hi, this is the tech guy at ------- industries, we are tracking your phone".

mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    Manager: "I believe your employee locating device is turned off."

Employee: "Excuse me?"

Manager: "I think you call it a smart phone."

Employee: "I have some concerns about this."

Manager: "Text them to yourself....I'll read them later."

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    My work has the ability to track and completely wipe my issued phone. It's the reason it stays at the office once I leave for the day. As for our personal phones they can only track if given permission which is a requirement if you use their software. They can also wipe it with said installed software. This is why I don't have anything work related on my phone.
    Keep in mind if you log into the wifi at work, there is a good chance they could be monitoring Your activity as well.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    What are you trying to hide? ;)

Everything.

I'm a delivery driver and I rode with a co-worker today and he believes that our company can track everywhere we go and how fast were going by our phones.
    Personally I don't think they have time for that kind of stuff. Were on a pretty tight schedule and have no time to spare galavanting around on our own but he is convinced because they accused him of doing 75mph in a 55mph zone and he said he wasn't, I believe him.
    Now I know that there are apps to keep tabs on your kids where abouts but don't you have to have position of there phone to install it?

Top Bottom