• kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    How do I fix this?

002.jpg

It starts down at the bottom brick. The house is on a slab and it dosen't look like the slab is cracked in the same place.
    003.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

Sorry about the pics. Photobucket is being a pain right now. There are 4 or 5 bricks that are split in half. The rest of the crack follows the mortar line. Of course insurance says they cant do anything about it.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    It looks like your house has settled and the foundation may be cracked. I would get that checked out and any repairs made before I worried too much about the brick repairs. If you don't this may happen again.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This happens a lot in drought plagued areas. The ground dries out, cracks, and whatever is sitting on the ground will crack with it. Several years ago there was a story in, I believe a builders magazine, about this type of damage, and it was suggested that using sprinklers around your foundation would prevent it in a serious drought. Water use restrictions usually go hand in hand with drought, so, :dunno:. Also, I have seen leaky water lines erode the ground around foundations and cause this type of damage.

I would say the slab would have to cracked somewhere nearby. I would have a foundation repair service see exactly what is going on, and fix that first, then worry about the brick.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It looks like your house has settled and the foundation may be cracked. I would get that checked out and any repairs made before I worried too much about the brick repairs. If you don't this may happen again.

This ^^^ and

This happens a lot in drought plagued areas. The ground dries out, cracks, and whatever is sitting on the ground will crack with it. Several years ago there was a story in, I believe a builders magazine, about this type of damage, and it was suggested that using sprinklers around your foundation would prevent it in a serious drought. Water use restrictions usually go hand in hand with drought, so, :dunno:. Also, I have seen leaky water lines erode the ground around foundations and cause this type of damage.

I would say the slab would have to cracked somewhere nearby. I would have a foundation repair service see exactly what is going on, and fix that first, then worry about the brick.

This ^^^

It could be caused by the drought, or your foundation is settling. The slab is likely cracked as well. You can fix the crack in the brick, but it's most likely going to come back so it will only be a temporary fix.

Top Bottom