• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Feel like a meet and greet? How does 2pm near the far end of the big open vendor shed? That is the big one right across from the range/gun shop. Suggestions welcome, so long as the time ain't noon in front of the Copes Dist. booth.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Feel like a meet and greet? How does 2pm near the far end of the big open vendor shed? That is the big one right across from the range/gun shop. Suggestions welcome, so long as the time ain't noon in front of the Copes Dist. booth.

I'm thinking of going...Never been before. Out of curiosity how big is the vendor/shopping area? Is it as big as the 1500? Thanks

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I'm thinking of going...Never been before. Out of curiosity how big is the vendor/shopping area? Is it as big as the 1500? Thanks

Dont expect to find many modern firearms. Its almost all surplus, ammo, NFA, and military style gear. And its freaking huge.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I think it's still $10 to get in. While the vendors is not as big as the NGD show here in Louisville, there is much more to gaze upon, and a lot less disappointing than most of the gunshows I've ever been too. Most vendors are there to sell stuff instead of just show off old fancy guns.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Unless someone comes up with a better meeting place and time, until something else is decided, I think at around 2 pm I'll go hang out at the above mentioned spot with my INGO patch on my multicam hat.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Dont expect to find many modern firearms. Its almost all surplus, ammo, NFA, and military style gear. And its freaking huge.
    But if you're looking for AR uppers they are there by the boat load. There will be a dozen vendors with scores of all types of barrel lengths, styles (flat top, carry handle, etc.) blue or stainless, etc. I also got a great deal on an EOtech red dot. You'll marvel at the number of vendors who have bucket loads of parts for ARs, M1s, AKs and the like. Take plenty of cash and plan on having your ear plugs in so you can shop in semi-peace while the 50s are going off on the firing line 100' away.:n00b:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am going with my brother and a couple friends. We will arrive Friday evening. None of us have ever been so it should be interesting. Might be a good time for me to invest in some electronic hearing protection. Might come in handy.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Change of work schedule for sat so I can go now

And sun already planned to install a motor for a friend, gonna miis another one:(

But got the brother nlaw going with a list for me so Ill still be getting some stuff :rockwoot:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    ???? I've never been, but Im thinking about going, and Friday would be the only day I could go...... so what do you mean?

For me, Friday is the best day to go. Smaller crowd, better parking, limited items can be bought before the onslaught of Saturday. :yesway:

Clay, since you have never been, it is a great experience. Seems to me that it's smaller than before, fewer MG's on the line but still bigger and badder than the 1500. I'm sure that the economy, ammo and gas prices are hindering attendance.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    ???? I've never been, but Im thinking about going, and Friday would be the only day I could go...... so what do you mean?

I've never been there. Bustin my cherry tomorrow. Just figured it would be better on a Friday than on a weekend day. I'm hoping to get on some deals and to be able to actually move thru the crowd verses just being pushed thru it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Saturday is a zoo for sure but fun as can be! I've gone on Saturday every time, always have to work on Friday. There's large crowds for sure but you can get around to everything ok, plenty to see. If you're into machine guns, ar's, well anything really it's there. :yesway: And only $10 to get in why now! Plus you get to watch a bunch of machie guns and other sweet rifles.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm gonna miss the Knob this year, been there quite a few times and have always enjoyed the trip... Very worth the time and price of admission to atleast see it once... Live fire range, and gunshow plus good food inside the building... Decent deals if there are any to be found and all the strange stuff and reloading supplies and ammo you can shake a stick at... Waste a little money on the helicopter ride, it's cool and don't forget to go down to the lower range and rent a machinegun... lob some rounds down range...

Also, you need to be there on saturday, it's the best day to attend and you want to stay till the end as they have a tracer show that isn't experienced many other places.. Enjoy... I will miss attending this one...

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I worked the Friends of the NRA booth last year. Really interesting mixture of people that attend. I won an AR 15 on a $20 raffle as well, so I have absolutely no complaints! Not working the booth this time, but may still be in attendance in an attempt to sell my Saiga 12.

Top Bottom