• ...and so much more!
  • funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Plenty of squirrels in east central Indiana waiting to get in my belly, even a black one in my back yard regularly (I know....there goes the neighborhood). The chipmunk population has all but disappeared around here but I don't know anything about that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Plenty of squirrels in east central Indiana waiting to get in my belly, even a black one in my back yard regularly (I know....there goes the neighborhood). The chipmunk population has all but disappeared around here but I don't know anything about that.

The only time I've seen black squirrels was up in Toronto (Mississauga actually), Canada. I was like, WTH is THAT?? :): They're as common as fox squirrels are down here.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    The only time I've seen black squirrels was up in Toronto (Mississauga actually), Canada. I was like, WTH is THAT?? :): They're as common as fox squirrels are down here.

Visit Goshen, IN and black squirrels are close to 100% of the towns tree rat population. Apparently some were brought to the town by a resident in the 1800's and they have taken over. The population has spead outward and now can be found throughout Elkhart County and into surrounding counties. Not unusual in some places to see a squirrel with red/brown body fur & a black tail or vise versa.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've started getting a few here with the bird feeder I put in a tempting location. Couple of pineys too, those get diving lessons, but the big ones have a place in the freezer.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I am starting to really hate the neighbors cats. I am chalking up our total lack of squirrels to them. Friday, I spread peanut butter on the tree, put out a pile of sunflower seeds, and a couple ears of squirrel corn.
    Not a single squirrel has been by. Ants have been eating the peanut butter and some pretty birds have been eating the seeds and corn. But not a single squirrel. :(

Top Bottom