• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You had 30 people show up to your first match? NICE JOB! I think our first FNS had like 8 people, so you're already on the right track. Keep up the good work!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for your support in starting this adventure, chizzle. You have an open invitation to join us!

No problem. If it wasn't for Don and Anton doing the hard work of running FNS, we wouldn't have the steel to donate. While it may not be possible for me to make your match due to work time commitments, you clearly found a time and location with some demand. Hopefully people step up and give you some help to really make your match and club flourish.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    One thing I've been thinking about is a Hit indicator, I have an idea and I'll make some prototypes for one stage for next month,

Thinking a limit switch set on the back of the steel it probably won't work for rimfire but I'm working on something for that also, and a one shot timer with a light, that resets after 20 seconds

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have seen indicators installed on the final stop plate that worked most of the time but indicators on the regular plates might function to slow. It would need to activate pretty quick.
    Brian

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    One thing I've been thinking about is a Hit indicator, I have an idea and I'll make some prototypes for one stage for next month,

Thinking a limit switch set on the back of the steel it probably won't work for rimfire but I'm working on something for that also, and a one shot timer with a light, that resets after 20 seconds

Fresh coat of paint works.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hit indicators would be cool for new shooters. Just keep in mind, anything you put downrange is going to get shot.

I error on the simplistic side, fresh paint works wonders. I'm told once you learn to call your shots, you don't have time to wait for audio/visual feedback. Once the shot breaks, you know where the shot went... still sounds like voodoo.

I would think some people would be distracted by flashing lights downrange... maybe a switch for those who don't want a hit indicator???

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    White Paint

What color paint you folks using? White? I can bring along a few cans. Coming up on the tenth right?

White is the dominant color we're currently using.

Both the paint and you are :welcome: to join us on June 10th... I'll be starting the new thread tonight or Sunday (depending on when I get out of work) so keep your eyes open!

Top Bottom