• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Was on the website firequest.com they have steel sks 30rnd mags for $20 lower on the page they say shipping is restricted or monitored in various states and certain cities in Illinois and also SouthBend,Indiana. I was not aware of this forst I have ever heard of it and I have lived in the area all my life any other local INGOers ever heard about this?

:dunno:

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Had not heard about it, but if you are in South Bend look around.

Are you surprised?

It is the eastern front of influence for the statists of Illinois.

If South Bend has in fact legislated such restrictions, one might ask if such restrictions are valid under recent Indiana State law.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    They tried to sneak in a local ordinance years ago but missed the original state preemption deadline, I believe.

Last year's complete preemption changes would have nullified it anyway.

If that site is restricting themselves over something that never truly existed and certainly doesn't now, move on and buy elsewhere.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Natchez is the same way. I figured it was something like that. Also, I tried ordering a Blackhawk Demonstrator gun from somewhere, and I was told it was illegal for me to have one in my location. I found one somewhere else for $10 less.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    They tried to sneak in a local ordinance years ago but missed the original state preemption deadline, I believe.

THIS....It is something that local pro 2A people have been trying to have cleaned up off the books for years, but the liberals in charge up here will have none of it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They have no choice. Inside Indiana means state preemption prevails. Contact the state AG and have the law spelled out for them. If that doesn't work, consult a lawyer like Guy Relford to see what it would take for someone to have standing to sue them.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If I had a SB address I would call the state AG and B***H about not being able to order magazines and such because SB has a ban which is null and void.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Actually if I'm correct, the preemption law now allows these purchases, please inform them that SB 292 no longer allows cities to enforce these laws. Email them a copy of it. I seen on INGO that this has happened a couple of times and it has worked.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some distributors still have SB listed as a place where mags are restricted. It's as if they haven't updated their system because they likely aren't being informed of the change in state law here.

Best thing a person can do is inform them that SB is ok to ship to now and ask them to look into the update.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shouldn't this discussion be on the 2nd amendment forum?

And no city can ban anything firearm under state law. It should be the law that no city could ban anything as that is the responsibility of the state. And cities govern by charter and are not constitutional institutions.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Just looked more closely at what you were talking about and ordered one. Doesn't suck not to live outside SB.

Top Bottom