• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sliloh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've popped in here a time or two but didn't get around to joining. I don't own a gun yet but plan on it soon and think I'll need all the information and advice I can get.

Sliloh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the welcome. Here's a question for you... am I the only one too weak to pull the slide on a semiautomatic? Even the 357 I had trouble with the trigger pull after a few times, of course I'll only need to be able to pull it once or twice so I should be good to go with that :rockwoot:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the welcome. Here's a question for you... am I the only one too weak to pull the slide on a semiautomatic? Even the 357 I had trouble with the trigger pull after a few times, of course I'll only need to be able to pull it once or twice so I should be good to go with that :rockwoot:
    All guns are different and some are harder to rack than others. Many people have this problem. Some can be easier than others and some smooth out a little after break in.

What kind of semiauto were you using?

Sliloh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Beats me, I took a class last year and could not pull the slide on any of his autos. Apparently I'm a lot older and decrepit than I thought I was. I think a revolver would be more comfortable for me anyway. And I was reading that you could get the spring adjusted to make the pull easier.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Beats me, I took a class last year and could not pull the slide on any of his autos. Apparently I'm a lot older and decrepit than I thought I was. I think a revolver would be more comfortable for me anyway. And I was reading that you could get the spring adjusted to make the pull easier.

Sounds like you got a good plan :yesway:
    I know several people that have a hard time with semiautos and some that cannot use them at all, so you are not at all alone. Revolvers are great!

Sliloh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    See? You've already made me feel like less of a weakling :):
    I may be weak but my aim is good and those targets hanging on my window seem to be a pretty good deterrent (so far) but I'd like to be a little better prepared than throwing my cat at an intruder.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom