• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    The reason I asked age is because older, oh hell " ancient " people sometimes have a preconceived notion of a younger generation. Think about what would their reaction be say if an older family member was to OC would they have the same response.

I am sure they would see it differently, and probably since I am younger they instantly make me out to be inexperienced when handling a weapon, or to making the right decision when circumstances make me choose whether to pull the trigger or not.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I first started to carry years ago, my family reacted similarly. They were not gun people and seeing a gun made them uncomfortable. Over the years, I made d**m sure that I was the model of safe gun handling and never, ever did anything that would make them think otherwise. Fast forward to today and many others in my family now carry and if we go up into the city together, one of them is always sure to ask 'You are carrying tonight, right?'.

The point is, it's new to them and they are reacting based on how the media has told them to react. If you are the model of safe gun handling and if you have constructive conversations regarding carrying, they will most likely come around and may eventually come to seek the peace of mind that having an armed person near by provides.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    That's exactly what I hope for. Most of my family have never handled a gun in their life, but when you aren't invited to anything because you carry everywhere, it's a little hard to get them used to having a gun around. I think my safest bet will be to invest in a conceal holster. Any recommendations for a Springfield XDS 3.3" IWB?

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    It doesn't hide very well with a shirt or coat, and it's 90 degrees with almost 100% humidity, so I rather not wear a coat, lol.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    When I first started to carry years ago, my family reacted similarly. They were not gun people and seeing a gun made them uncomfortable. Over the years, I made d**m sure that I was the model of safe gun handling and never, ever did anything that would make them think otherwise. Fast forward to today and many others in my family now carry and if we go up into the city together, one of them is always sure to ask 'You are carrying tonight, right?'.

The point is, it's new to them and they are reacting based on how the media has told them to react. If you are the model of safe gun handling and if you have constructive conversations regarding carrying, they will most likely come around and may eventually come to seek the peace of mind that having an armed person near by provides.

And in this situation, safe gun handling would include leaving it in the holster.

Top Bottom