• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Very heavy for a .380. It shoots soft. With that design (heavy slide, blowback action), I have to ask why .380 and not 9mm. Same frame, 9mm is cheaper and more powerful. You'll find the Hi-Point is cheap for a reason, the materials are questionable for longevity. But if it goes bang every time... it all comes down to you trusting a $150 gun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They tend to be reliable and have a good warranty. If you run out of ammo you can use it as a club. Price is low. That's about all the positives.

On the negative side, they are much more bulky than other handguns, the safety is tiny, the trigger is gritty, the sights are bottom of the barrel, the mag well is narrow, and they are incredibly ugly.

johndoe89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    Huntington
    So from what I have heard not a lot people like hi points. I unfortunately own the hi point 380 I was kinda talked into buying it. I like shooting but am definitely gonna start looking into getting a new gun ........any ideas???

goodlander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2013
    DANVILLE
    I have a Highpoint 40 that I like, it is a cheap gun but that is also a good thing, I'm not worried I'm going to scracth it, drop it, I run the cheapest ammo I can thru it for plinking. They have a lifetime warranty, I bought mine at auction www.proxibid.com for $40.00. when i got it to my FFL it looked like crap, sent it to Highpoint got back my original frame with the SN everything else was brand new. Plus they thru in a trigger lock and upgraded the sights for me. Not a bad deal. For an everyday shooter its not bad.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So from what I have heard not a lot people like hi points. I unfortunately own the hi point 380 I was kinda talked into buying it. I like shooting but am definitely gonna start looking into getting a new gun ........any ideas???

That's like saying "I want a new car, any ideas?" There's a huge world of choices out there, and while we can all throw out some of our favorites, it helps to know your budget, intended purpose, caliber preferences, what guns you've shot and liked or disliked, etc to sort of narrow the gap a bit.

Top Bottom