• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Being impatient I am wanting opinions on my 995TS issues. This thing wont run a full mag with out a failure to feed. Started with Federal 115 and also ran bunch of reloads that I use in everything 9mm always same FTF. I tried to call Hi-Point yesterday and they were closed, called a few times today when i had the chance and busy until close. I have read about some break in times with these but here is the rest of the story..... I had 22 FTF out of about 130 rounds, this was with 3 mags 2 of which came from Hi-Point and all 3 same problem. My thought is I would be stupid not to send this back but is it possible it would be something I can do with say average ability?? Just being impatient until I talk to them wanting real experience opinions I guess. I bought this gun as a cheap plinker I can reload for and by no means for self defence tool so whats INGO think?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Send it back... If there's any single positive of hipoint it's that they'll usually correct a problem, even if they have no problem selling you a non-functional firearm in the first place...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'd just hold out until you get ahold of Hi Point. They will correct any problems you have. As KW said if you're using promags, throw them out, they're junk. If using factory mags then probably something wrong with rifle and Hi point will fix for free. I've never had an issue with either of mine using factory mags and any ammunition of any sorts. Good luck and hope you get it straightened out, cauae they are lots of fun to shoot

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I agree with sending it back to Hi=Point. You could spend a lot of time and ammo trying to figure it out yourself by the process of elimination. Let them do it. Mine runs good with any 9mm ammunition as long as it is run with factory mags.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Hi Point will Repair it and send it back with a new Magizine or 2. I have a 995 with an ATI Stock, Grandkids Weapon of choice! I can't count how many Rounds through it, never a FTF of FTF.

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    Think I read the owner of Hipoint died today. Wonder what that will do to Hipoint. Former owner I guess it was.'

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'd just hold out until you get ahold of Hi Point. They will correct any problems you have. As KW said if you're using promags, throw them out, they're junk. If using factory mags then probably something wrong with rifle and Hi point will fix for free. I've never had an issue with either of mine using factory mags and any ammunition of any sorts. Good luck and hope you get it straightened out, cauae they are lots of fun to shoot

Be aware that if you are using Pro Mags and damage the loading ramp, that will void the warranty. I've read stories of owners sending guns back to Hi-Point and the company refused to fix the issue because the owner had been using Pro Mags.

accessorysheet2_zpsjnpgnvai.jpg

Last edited:

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Think I read the owner of Hipoint died today. Wonder what that will do to Hipoint. Former owner I guess it was.'
    This would make sense. I called Tuesday a message said "we are closed today sorry for the inconvenience". Have been calling every day since including this morning and its busy signal all day until the closed message. I am aware of the Pro Mag issues and to me the 5 round difference is not worth voiding a great warranty, I am using all factory mags.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Well I finally got to talk to them and they want just the mags first, said the have been having issues with springs seating on follower. What surprised me is he said not to run reloads in the rifle... Anyone here running reloads? Kind of why I bought it, cheap gun I can reload for and shoot cheap.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I can fix your problem and all future owners of your Hi-Point. This is a sure fire way that has helped many owners with their Hi-Points through the years.

Grab a shovel and dig a hole in the back yard approximately 1' x 4' and 2' deep. Place your abomination into the hole and cover with an entire bag of rocksalt, then fill back up with dirt. Make sure it's in an open area in the yard so it gets plenty of rain. This is key.

You're Welcome!

Top Bottom