• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReifieR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    There is a coworker i have that is selling a Hi Point 9mm carbine with three magazines for a hundred dollars. id that a solid buy? or do i need to hold out for something else?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Sounds like a good deal. Which design/year is it? They changed the design considerably a couple of years ago. Either way, they have a lifetime warranty and if anything goes bad, their customer service is excellent in fixing them. I have the 995 (9mm) and I love mine.

Here's the new design:
    995ts.jpg

Here's the old:
    hipoint01.jpg

My BIL bought one of the older design models and he is pleased with it as well, but I like the newer design myself.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I've read nothing but good reviews about Hi-Point Carbines and customer service....

I'd buy it in a heartbeat... if there was something wrong, word on the street is that Hi-Point will ALWAYS fix it or make it right.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I don't own one, but have shot a few. I really liked it and I've NEVER heard anything bad about them. Plus, you can't beat High Point's customer service! Sounds like a good buy!

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Ditto, if you don't like it you could easily sell it. I've owned a few of the 9ers and own a 40 now. The 9s were always flawless with any ammo.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Buy it, throw a $30 dollar red dot on it and call it a day. Mine has been awesome and has fed anything I put through it. And I think there are 15 round magazines out now if you want more capacity over the stock 10

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    buy buy buy.....its a great deal on it and HP has great customer service. I have the 995ts (new style) and in about 8 months i have put about 1500 rounds through it with no problems. fun guns to shoot and accurate as can be. They just SCREAM to be shot alot.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    My 995 9mm is one of my favorite guns to play with.............it eats everything....accurate.............reliable....built for life............and you can leave it to your great great grandson and Hi-Point will back it up. BUY IT!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'd take a chance on it for a C-note. Like other posters have said. Hi-Point has excellent CS and if there is anything wrong with it just contact them and they'll fix you up even if the carbine needs a total rebuild.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Fun toy for $100! 2 liter pop bottle accurate out to 100 yards and like others have said eats everything. Never had a problem shooting cast & plated handloads, steel cased and cheap WWB from Walmart.

Top Bottom