Hi-Point C9 redesign. Double stack and more.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The thing that always aggravated me the most is their rail, which they've finally seen the light. No one wants to mount a cheap single scope ring, stick a 1" Harbor Freight light on it and consider it a HD piece... Their proprietary rail was a joke, but this makes it a bit better. I have an older series Olight that I got for $10 off a guy, works phenomenally and would go great on something like this. There's tons of $50-60 Trump-FunBucks lights that work well enough, not great, not WW3 durability, but for the average joe, works just fine for the one moment they may need a light for target ID, but would never fit on their older series guns without a really funky, cheaply made and easily broken Ebay adapter rail (ask me how I know, I had a TLR on a .40 Hi Point for entertainment value and never had an issue until the adapter broke).

Still waiting on a 10mm fullsize Hi Point other than a carbine to blow my hand off with :D

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I like that they are upgrading their offerings a bit, but at that price point, I'd go with a Taurus.

Capture.jpg

Seriously. Why would anyone buy a Hi-point when they can get at least equal quality in a much better package when buying a Taurus. At about the same price.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Not sure what's funny. I'm not a Taurus fan, don't even own one. (Used to own a couple, many moons ago) But the new G2s is getting very good reviews, especially for its price point.

At sub $200 the Taurus G2s vs any Hi-Point:

Has better ergonomics
    Has better grip texture
    Does not use pot metal for the slide
    Is a superior Browning tilt barrel design vs the Hi-Point blowback design
    Is lighter in weight
    Is smaller and more concealable
    Has a better trigger, although still leaves something to be desired
    Field strips without tools
    Reliable mags vs questionable mag reliability with Hi-Point
    Aftermarket sights available for the G2, not for Hi-Point
    Better selection of holsters

If I had to choose between the two, I know which one I'd rather have in a pocket, center console or tackle box.

:twocents:

[video=youtube;M3Ez2gMyyPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Ez2gMyyPM[/video]

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Not sure what's funny. I'm not a Taurus fan, don't even own one. (Used to own a couple, many moons ago) But the new G2s is getting very good reviews, especially for its price point.

At sub $200 the Taurus G2s vs any Hi-Point:

Has better ergonomics
    Has better grip texture
    Does not use pot metal for the slide
    Is a superior Browning tilt barrel design vs the Hi-Point blowback design
    Is lighter in weight
    Is smaller and more concealable
    Has a better trigger, although still leaves something to be desired
    Field strips without tools
    Reliable mags vs questionable mag reliability with Hi-Point
    Aftermarket sights available for the G2, not for Hi-Point
    Better selection of holsters

If I had to choose between the two, I know which one I'd rather have in a pocket, center console or tackle box.

:twocents:

[video=youtube;M3Ez2gMyyPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Ez2gMyyPM[/video]

My point exactly. I have a few Taurus revolvers, and no desire to buy any Taurus pistols, but if I had no handguns, and a very limited budget, I would pick Taurus over Hi-point every time.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    At least Hi-Point is trying to add features that make the C9 less of a joke.

Hopefully, the increase in mag capacity will carry over to their carbines. My BIL has an older 9mm carbine in the original "planet of the apes" stock. It is a hoot to shoot. The way Hi-Point designed the hi-cap mag, it would be easy to sell a replacement grip, to allow the carbine to go from a 10 round to a 15-20 round mag.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    At least Hi-Point is trying to add features that make the C9 less of a joke.

Hopefully, the increase in mag capacity will carry over to their carbines. My BIL has an older 9mm carbine in the original "planet of the apes" stock. It is a hoot to shoot. The way Hi-Point designed the hi-cap mag, it would be easy to sell a replacement grip, to allow the carbine to go from a 10 round to a 15-20 round mag.

I had one of the first gen. carbines and loved it. Had to sell it to pay some bills. I'd love to find another one. I don't like the looks of the new ones.

Top Bottom