• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Just one word to say about Hi-Point JUNK!

:rolleyes: One of the best warranties in the business, very ugly design, but they do what they were designed to do: shoot hot copper plated lead accurately. Would I buy one? No. Now if I had $150 and I was a poor guy down on his luck and wanted a self defense option I would definitely look into Hi-Points. But I can't stand unsubstantiated claims about something from someone with no experience with them.

Sure they aren't a Les Baer 1911, but it's functional.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I find it funny that someone can have a FTF or FTE with a high priced gun and its the ammo's fault. Then they hear 17th hand that someones third nephews step brothers 2nd grade teacher had a great aunt who slept with a guy that had his mail delivered to him by a person who didnt like the grips on a highpoint and suddenly its complete and total crap.

I agree they are ugly as sin.....I agree the ergo's aren't the best on them. But the warrenty is GREAT and they go bang every time. They are a poor mans gun. I dont own one of the hand guns but i do own their carbine. Would i buy one of their hand guns? Its not my first choice but I wouldnt turn one down either.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    Bought a C-9 from a guy that needed the quick cash for $100. Didn't really need it or want it but was doing him a favor. Had it for over a year before I ever shot it and will say from FIRST hand experience, it shot everything put through it every time.
    Yes ugly, yes heavy as sin, not a "cool" gun to own but it shoots and shoots pretty accurately suprisingly enough.
    I find guns are like anything guys typically buy, I.E., golf clubs, sports cars, gadgets of all varieties. We always need to have the best one so we can look down our nose at the guy that doesn't.

nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    Love my 995. Put about 700 rounds of cheap WWB and Federal ammo through it and haven't had a single FTE or FTF. Can't beat the warranty either.

Best part about it was the price I got it for.....$0.00. :)

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I freely admit that I turned my nose up at Hi-Point's for years but when they came out with the 4595 .45acp carbine I had to have one. I gotta tell you, it is one of the most fun shooters I've ever owned albeit far and away the crudest looking. The triggers just plain suck but it goes bang every time you pull it. Zombie Apocalypse anyone?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    They will impress all your friends?

They will win competitions?

They will not be butt ass ugly?

:popcorn:

And none of those things matter in the least to me. My firearms are for 1 purpose and that is to do what they are made to do. My Hi Points do that just the same as all my other guns do. :popcorn:

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I will totally admit the first gun I bought was a HP 9mm. I have owned it for several years now and have probably shot thousands of rounds through it. It does occasionally jamb (always has no matter what I have done) but it is still a good gun for the price and just shooting around. I always take it to the range when I take out new people and for some reason people always want to keep shooting it over everything else (Kimber's, Colt's, HK's, XD's and Glock's). I really don't know what it is but people are really drawn to it. I know seveal of my friends have made them thier first gun. I do want to make it clear that I would not depend on one to save my life but for the range it's fun. I have to admit that I am know a gun snob and prefer my highend guns but it is funny how people that know nothing about guns are drawn to them regardless of the price.

Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom