• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    my buddy has a hi-point .380 and everytime you go to rack the first round in, the magazine falls out.. i have the hi-point c9 and no problems.. was wondering if this is a common issue for the hi-point c9.. appreciate all feedback left.. and i know hi-point is one of the cheapest out their.. ..

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Hi points are 50/50. Either can't break'em or there always broke. I have a sneaky suspicion they are made out of old toasters and can openers they recycle from the trash dump. I had a CF380 and had lots of problems. Wouldn't feed rounds, wouldn't eject rounds, very inaccurate, clumsy. Sent it twice to company for repairs and it still wouldn't work right. So I cut my loses and got rid of it. My brother on the other hand has a CF9 and has zero problems.

jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    yeah my c9 had 2 jams within the first 150 rounds.. was actually first 50 shots and hasnt failed since.. didnt know if it was just the 380 that had that problem.. ty for the info..

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Call 'em up and get a new mag catch aasembly. It's free and you'll have it in a few days.Takes about 5 minutes to install. I once bought a used C9 that was a mag dropper and this fixed it. It's been 2 years now and it hasn't had a problem since. For some reason they use a bow spring in the pistols ( piece of bent wire) for the mag catch spring while the carbines use a good coil spring.
    866-948-4867

311thewiser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Valpo
    Nothing wrong with a hi point. Cheap....but they work. 600 rounds thru mine with no problems. I just dont like that its zinc. Can't stand the hi point haters that never owned one. If i drove a mercedes i would'nt poke fun at someone who could only afford a kia. That would make me a jerk wouldn't it.

badge036

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Sounds like the magazine catch call them. My Khar magazine catch was worn and they mailed me out a new one at no charge. Then sell your High-point and buy an HK and you wont ever have this problem again!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Nothing wrong with a hi point. Cheap....but they work. 600 rounds thru mine with no problems. I just dont like that its zinc. Can't stand the hi point haters that never owned one. If i drove a mercedes i would'nt poke fun at someone who could only afford a kia. That would make me a jerk wouldn't it.

"Gun Snubbery" at its finest. :laugh:

I have a 995 and had a few problems with it and the Cust Serv was awesome. It shoots like a dream now.

Top Bottom