• ...and so much more!
  • Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Hello everyone!!

I was wondering if any of you NWI peeps have seen any Hi-Point hand guns in stock at any of the local shops?

I know the Hi-points are not very popular with a lot of you, but I need something inexpensive and it would be better than what I have now which is nothing.

The wife has agreed that in this day and age it's become necessary to have some kind of protection in the house and I need to seize the moment...before she changes her mind.

So, since you guys are always on the lookout, if you could keep an eye out for me, I would appreciate it. To be honest I don't even know where to even start looking or is calling the shops a better option?

Thanks for reading and I hope I'm not asking for anything against the forum rules.

Alegre.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    whats your budget? i picked up a bersa thunder .380 for $230 plus tax at the last 1500. i realize its not the best caliber, but its been a nice, reliable gun so far.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Around $150.

I know it's not much, and looking at the for sale forum , it's probably not even enough for ammo but I'm on a fixed income. That's why I'm looking at the Hi-points.....I have to start somewhere.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Around $150.

I know it's not much, and looking at the for sale forum , it's probably not even enough for ammo but I'm on a fixed income. That's why I'm looking at the Hi-points.....I have to start somewhere.

I own a Hi-Point and I have over 1000 rounds through it and I have never had a problem of any kind with it. Yes, they do not look the greatest and many people say bad things about them, but for the money they do get the job done. Most people that talk bad about them have never actually fired one. Good luck

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thanks John!

May I ask which model do you own? I don't think they're ugly at all, of course I have nothing to compare them to :D

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Good luck in your search. If that's what I could afford, I wouldn't worry about what others thought about it. I've never shot one before, but from what I've read from here, it seems it is a dependable, reliable, and affordable gun. Look forward to reading your range report and seeing some pics when you get one.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Good luck in your search. If that's what I could afford, I wouldn't worry about what others thought about it. I've never shot one before, but from what I've read from here, it seems it is a dependable, reliable, and affordable gun. Look forward to reading your range report and seeing some pics when you get one.

Thanks for the encouraging words! At my tender age of 40, I have yet to go to a range, but I'm very much looking forward to that experience and getting my LTCH as well. But I do promise, there will be pics and reports posted! :)

I understand they have the best warranty in the industry too! The hipoint website has a dealer locater(spelling?). Just google "hipoint".

Duh....I didn't even think of that....Thanks!

There was a Hi Point for sale in the forum last week for $100 but it was too far for me plus the member required a LTCH.....I could have hit myself over the head for missing out on that deal! I need to send my application for the LTCH ASAP!

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The dealer locator at the hipoint web site shows Westforth as the closest dealer, the rest are in IL, South Bend and further south in IN.

I'm adding this here for my ease of reference:
    Westforth SportsAddress:4704 Roosevelt St.City:GaryState:INZip:46408Phone:219-980-0680

Last edited:

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I own a Hi-Point and I have over 1000 rounds through it and I have never had a problem of any kind with it. Yes, they do not look the greatest and many people say bad things about them, but for the money they do get the job done. Most people that talk bad about them have never actually fired one. Good luck

Could not be said any better.........:rockwoot:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Westforth's ususally has em. I'm not a fan of hi points but they serve a purpose. My first handgun that served me well was a Jimenez/Jennings so I'm not going to knock low entry level guns. The manufacturer stands behind them too.

Another option is the EAA Windicator revolvers. I had a 4" that I picked up new for 250, I've seen them used for around 200 from time to time. Solid construction albeit heavy, it was a very reliable wheelgun.

If you can swing 250 the S&W Sigmas have a $50 rebate on em.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Yes Westforth usually has them in stock. I have nothing fruitful to add just repeating what the OP seems to already know :D Good luck! Let us know how it turns out, you know, pics and all that jazz.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks John!

May I ask which model do you own? I don't think they're ugly at all, of course I have nothing to compare them to :D

I happen to have the .380 model. My buddy has the 9mm and he has had great results with it as well. I would recomend the 9mm. It is the same exact size as the .380 and it is a better round if this is a defensive gun. Good luck.

I agree though that I do not think the 9mm model looks all that bad. Now I think the .40 and .45 models look horrible, but I actually kinda like the way the 9mm looks.

Top Bottom