• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Weren't they called Stallards before Hy-Point.....and they were another name before they were called Stallards? Or am I just dreaming?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Hi-Point Firearms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia said:
    Hi-Point Firearms, also known as Beemiller (Distributed by MKS Supply), is a firearms manufacturer based in Mansfield, Ohio. However only the CF.380, C9 9 mm, & the carbines are made in Mansfield. They manufacture low-cost pistols and carbines, in the following calibers:

Either way, I'd shy away from them. There are a few hi-point diehards here, but I would not rely on one for my safety.

I own a Hi-point carbine 9mm and it's a fun plinker gun. It jams every other magazine, but it shoots. I would not rely on it for self defense.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Weren't they called Stallards before Hy-Point.....
    and they were another name before they were called Stallards?

From the Blue Book of Gun Values:

HI-POINT FIREARMS

Current trademark marketed by MKS Supply, Inc. located in Dayton, Ohio. Hi-Point firearms have been manufactured since 1988. Dealer and distributor sales.

Prior to 1993, trademarks sold by MKS Supply, Inc. (including Beemiller, Haskell Manufacturing, Inc., Iberia Firearms, Inc., and Stallard Arms, Inc.) had their own separate manufacturers' markings.

Beginning in 1993, Hi-Point Firearms eliminated these individualized markings and chose instead to have currently manufactured guns labeled "Hi-Point Firearms". All injection molding for Hi-Point Firearms is done in Mansfield, OH.

There are a few hi-point diehards here, but I would not rely on one for my safety.

I wouldn't rely on the Hi-Point diehards here for my safety, either! :lmfao:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Hi-Point Firearms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, I'd shy away from them. There are a few hi-point diehards here, but I would not rely on one for my safety.

I own a Hi-point carbine 9mm and it's a fun plinker gun. It jams every other magazine, but it shoots. I would not rely on it for self defense.

That is your most likely the mags and probably not the carbine, especially if you are using promags.
    My carbine has NEVER had a FTF or FTE:twocents:
    Very reliable and would use to protect my life with.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I wouldn't either....I guess it is better than nothing....if that's all you have.
    Seems like the Edsell of the handgun world, and some day there might be a big collector following HA HA HA HA . Thanks for the info guys.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Are you guys nuts....:n00b: You're gonna get the wrath of us die hards... LOL

Just kidding... I like my Hi Points, I would trust my life with mine as they have proven themself. That's just me. On the other hand, I do like my M&P 9c better for no other reason than the fact that it just shoots better.

:moon:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Anyone have experience with their .45's , or know of dealers in Indy that carry them ?

I know they can order them but I wanted to get the skinny and see one first .

SgtChromeDome

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hi Point carbines may have their fans, but I never could learn to like their pistols, even a little bit. I used to supervise our Crime Scene unit, and part of our responsibilities was the test-firing of any handgun in our property room for IBIS purposes. Without exception, every Hi Point pistol I handled and fired was heavy, had lousy sights, and a trigger so stiff that I couldn't imagine trusting your life to it. I'll grant that the awful triggers could be attributed to the poor care that gang-bangers and other goblins provide to their weapons, but the triggers seemed to be consistently bad across the board.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Had a carbine about five years ago. Shot alright for awhile then after every 50 rounds or so it would no longer shoot and have to be stripped down and I would have to bend the firing pin back to being straight. Finally got sick of this "maintenance" and sold it. Good thing when it did bend it would get stuck inside the bolt and not protrude and get stuck out. Otherwise it might have behaved like an open bolt full auto (fixed firing pin powered by the bolt spring). That would have made for quite a surprise.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    My first handgun was a hi point 9 mm. It jammed about 2 times per mag using target ammo until i found some really mild ultramax factory reloaded ammo. Then only about once per mag :) It gave me a bad impression of all semi autos and made me a revolver fan.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    CS1 must be on vacation or dead....... I can hear his Hi-Point pager going off from here!!!!

I want a carbine but not until ATI makes a stock for the 40..

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I had a Hi-Point carbine about ten years ago. The trigger had roughly the feel and fit quality of a cheap squirt gun. I could also flex the stock a few inches with my bare hands . . . . :noway:

Top Bottom