• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Off topic question - I've seen a lot of dislike of Don's Guns on here. I know nothing about that shop can someone fill me in?

On topic comment - I like Hi-Points for what they are, but I am surprised that some gun grabbing politician hasn't gone after them with the "saturday night special" argument. Cheap guns easily accessible to criminals. Or maybe they have and I am just blissfully unaware.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    That is your most likely the mags and probably not the carbine, especially if you are using promags.
    My carbine has NEVER had a FTF or FTE:twocents:
    Very reliable and would use to protect my life with.

Same i've put 250 through and no problems yet. Call up hipoint and they will send you new mags free of charge.

DIRTY HARRY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The bashers usually have not ever picked one up and fired it, and I'll bet none of their other firearms have ever had an issue.......
    I do own others but would trust any of my HP's since I have proven their dependability on the range many, many times.

If you buy one, you will never lose money trying to sell it!

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    The bashers usually have not ever picked one up and fired it, and I'll bet none of their other firearms have ever had an issue.......

I owned one for a long time. It was of lower quality, and had more issues, than all my other guns combined.

I bought it to plink with. It was perfectly suitable for that purpose, and a lot of fun. But, given a choice, I would never, ever, ever choose to trust my life to a Hi-Point.

I have trouble taking the people that are saying otherwise seriously. When they hear their someone trying to break down the front door, are they truly going to open their gunsafe and say to themselves: "What should I grab here? Remington 870? Nah. AR-15? Nah. 1911? Nah. GLOCK 17? Nah. OOH! MY HI-POINT! THAT'S WHAT I'M TAKING DOWNSTAIRS!"

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    and glocks or XDs aren't?

Yes, that can be silly sometimes too, but Glocks and XDs are better pistols in every way. Thats not a bash against Hi-Points; all three of the Hi-Point pistols I have owned in the past were reliable guns.

Therein we find the problem: "They work" and "its a gun" is just about all you can say about them good or bad. There is certainly an important niche to be filled in that, an the Hi-Point does it well. I just don't see why so many gun enthusiasts are enamored with them. It also seems to be an INGO phenomenon. :dunno:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Yes, that can be silly sometimes too, but Glocks and XDs are better pistols in every way. Thats not a bash against Hi-Points; all three of the Hi-Point pistols I have owned in the past were reliable guns.

Therein we find the problem: "They work" and "its a gun" is just about all you can say about them good or bad. There is certainly an important niche to be filled in that, an the Hi-Point does it well. I just don't see why so many gun enthusiasts are enamored with them. It also seems to be an INGO phenomenon. :dunno:

I hear ya. I think the reason the hi-points are so popular is...well because they are cheap and pretty reliable for the most part. Ive owned my hi point for about a week or so and its definitely not a beretta or glock but it goes bang. kinda like NEF and H&R rifles..very cheap and not very consistent from rifle to rifle as far as accuracy goes but the following for them is almost cult like.

Top Bottom