• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I was looking for a FEG Hi-Power for an INGO member, and found one I could not pass up. Wood grips, in the box, looks like brand new, and $357. I have noticed that it seems like they are starting to dry up, and it is my favorite pistol, so I just had to buy it.:rockwoot:
    Looks good with my other two...I think so anyways.:):

1007132329_zpsbb2d5d42.jpg

1007132332_0001_zps25ac57f7.jpg

1007132337_0001_zps5dae2a3e.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just like a Browning Hi-Power. They are identical in every way, except they don't cost $1000. They are flawless shooters. Very accurate. Like I said, they are my favorite pistol. John Moses Browning design. Excellent copy. What else can I say.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Huh. I haven't seen Sistemas for a long time. Doubt there are any actually in stock though.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have had a couple of the FEG clones and they were both awesome. I have often recommended one to people who want a quality gun but are on a budget. For that, I think they are an exceptional value. My issue with them is that if you want to upgrade sights you have to have the slide milled. Also, the triggers could be a bit better. Neither of those issues should preclude anyone from picking up one.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have had a couple of the FEG clones and they were both awesome. I have often recommended one to people who want a quality gun but are on a budget. For that, I think they are an exceptional value. My issue with them is that if you want to upgrade sights you have to have the slide milled. Also, the triggers could be a bit better. Neither of those issues should preclude anyone from picking up one.

The sights could be a little better, but the trigger...it takes less than 5 minutes to remove the mag safety. This improves it a bunch, and makes it way better than any DAO. The Charles Daley has a big white dot front sight and a white post at the bottom of a v. The 2 FEGs have a 3 dot system. Works for me, but I agree, if you want to upgrade sights, you have to mill the slide. Still...fantastic pistols.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    they have a few FEG's at the bottom of that link, might have to give one a try

I didn't scroll down far enough.:ugh: I called for availability. They don't have any. 6 months ago gunbroker had a bunch. They don't have very many now. Few good looking ones. A lot of really rough ones, and some DA and some with strange safeties in the slide. I like the ones that look just like a Browning Hi-Power from the 60's. I think that might have been a Mk II.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Arcus 94 is indeed a P35 clone - a Turkish one. Internally it's a P35. Externally they took some liberties.

The FEG clones: I'm aware of two different models, of which I can't ever keep the models straight. One is a "true clone", and one is a kind of amalgamation between a S&W M39 and a P35. Looks like an P35 externally but operates like the M-39 in that it's DA/SA.

Either way, they're good value, IMO. Downside: Spare magazines. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the true clone FEG won't accept standard P35 mags. I believe that I learned (When I almost bought the DA/SA one) that those mags are proprietary. P35 mags won't fit.

OP: Something else to put on your radar - a DGFM P35 + Officer's slide. Or just get two complete guns, 1 5" and 1 4" (I think it's 4", but may be 4.25") Unlike many others, the DGFM is a REAL P-35, built under license from FN, on actual FN tooling, just by another company.

-J-

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The FEG Hi Power clones are also a good reason to stop by gunshows. I seem them relatively often and sometimes at a very good price. Let's stop talking about these, I have enough guns on my "to get" list. ;)

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The Arcus 94 is indeed a P35 clone - a Turkish one. Internally it's a P35. Externally they took some liberties.

The FEG clones: I'm aware of two different models, of which I can't ever keep the models straight. One is a "true clone", and one is a kind of amalgamation between a S&W M39 and a P35. Looks like an P35 externally but operates like the M-39 in that it's DA/SA.

Either way, they're good value, IMO. Downside: Spare magazines. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the true clone FEG won't accept standard P35 mags. I believe that I learned (When I almost bought the DA/SA one) that those mags are proprietary. P35 mags won't fit.

OP: Something else to put on your radar - a DGFM P35 + Officer's slide. Or just get two complete guns, 1 5" and 1 4" (I think it's 4", but may be 4.25") Unlike many others, the DGFM is a REAL P-35, built under license from FN, on actual FN tooling, just by another company.

-J-

I have something like 13 mags. They are all P35 mags. A couple my brother gave me he had for his Browning Hi-Power, but most I bought directly from Mec-Gar or Mec-Gar from Midway. They all were for a "Browning Hi-Power". I broke the extractor in the Charles Daley a couple years ago, and ordered an extractor for a "Browning Hi-Power." I forget all the details, about the FN, the Isreali Kareen, but I thought the FN, which originally completed the Hi-Power in 1935, 9 years after Browning's death, was actually considered a licensed copy by Browning "The company, not the man" and it was FN that FEG got all the dies and everything to make the pistols. And Charles Daily bought everything from FEG. The exact facts are a little fuzzy now, but regardless I'm proud of what I have.:)

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Actually Browning was working for FN designing them on at the time it was designed. So it kind of belongs to both as orginal builder.

The Browning Hi Power is a single-action, semi-automatic handgun available in 9MM and 40 S&W calibers. It is based on a design by American firearms inventor John Browning, and completed by Dieudonné Saive at Fabrique Nationale (FN) of Herstal, Belgium. Browning died in 1926, several years before the design was finalized. The Hi-Power is one of the most widely used military pistols of all time,[SUP][3][/SUP] having been used by the armed forces of over 50 countries.[SUP][1][/SUP]
    The Hi Power name is somewhat misleading and alluded to the 13-round magazine capacity; almost twice that of contemporary designs such as the Luger or Mauser 1910. The pistol is often referred to as an HP (for "Hi-Power" or "High-Power")[SUP][4][/SUP] or as a GP (for the French term, "Grande Puissance"). The term P-35 is also used, based on the introduction of the pistol in 1935. It is most often called the "Hi Power", even in Belgium. It is also known as the BAP (Browning Automatic Pistol), particularly in Irish service. Although the Browning name will appear on pistols imported to the United States, the name "Hi-Power" will not be seen on any genuine FN/Browning manufactured pistol, regardless of country of origin or location of sale--clones will, however, place the "Hi-Power" mark.

Wikipedia

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Good luck getting one from Sarco, Ive tried on several ocasions, and the fellow that I spoke with each time seemed pretty perturbed that I would even ask if they were in stock.

Keep an eye out at your LGSs, Ive seen 3 in the last month or so...

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    On November 26, 1926, while working at the bench on a self-loading pistol design for Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (FN) in Liège, he died of heart failure in the design shop of his son Val A. Browning. Even the 9 mm self-loading pistol he was working on when he died had great design merit and was eventually completed in 1935, by Belgian designer Dieudonne Saive. Released as the Fabrique Nationale GP35, it was more popularly known as the successful Browning Hi-Power pistol, a favorite of sportsmen and law enforcement....... In 1977, FN Herstal acquired the Browning Arms Company which had been established in 1927, the year after Browning's death. ( From Wikipedia for John Browning) He went to work there after a disagreement with Winchester over royalties on a new shotgun design (the Auto 5).

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Browning High Power has a much better ring to it than Saive High Power...

Even though it really is mostly a Saive design...

Top Bottom