• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    im a newby when it comes to handguns who makes a good left hand holster for in the waist band carry for a hi power? i aint rich so under a hundred dollars would be nice thanks. i also wouldn't mind any info on a good open carry holster for just walking around on my land thanks.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I prefer a Summer Special II from Milt Sparks for IWB. Brownell's carries them but not left handed. Be advised that a Hi Power will fit nicely in a full size 1911 holster.

If you want it to be comfortable I would stay away from the el cheapo nylon ones you can find with a belt clip. Personally I don't like anything with the belt clip for inside the waist band.

Some folks like thumb break holsters but I do not care for them in my type of use. Those have the leather with a snap over the top of the pistol when carried in a holster.

Here's some reading that may help.

gun-holster.com Milt Sparks holsters

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Call Lightning Arms they have some nice quality leather (milt sparks, del fatti) for the HP in both IWB and OWB and about all they have in stock is left handed stuff so you're in luck. They will be a little over your 100.00 limit but unless you go kydex you're not going to get quality leather for less.

Lightning Arms Sports

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    As Max had already mentioned, the Hi-Power will fit nicely in a 1911 holster. I carry mine in my Galco crossbreed knock off for my 1911. If you look, I imagine crossbreed makes a lefty holster for the 1911, possibly even one specifically for the Hi-Power. I like the looks and feel of an all leather holster, but I have found that for IWB carry, the Leather/Kydex style holsters are much easier to reholster, and seem to feel a bit thinner.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    As Max had already mentioned, the Hi-Power will fit nicely in a 1911 holster. I carry mine in my Galco crossbreed knock off for my 1911. If you look, I imagine crossbreed makes a lefty holster for the 1911, possibly even one specifically for the Hi-Power. I like the looks and feel of an all leather holster, but I have found that for IWB carry, the Leather/Kydex style holsters are much easier to reholster, and seem to feel a bit thinner.

If you get a quality leather holster it will be made and boned for a high power, no need to settle for one that may work. Don't forget Kramer as well, excellent holsters and if you get the horsehide they are a little thinner than cowhide and tougher.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you get a quality leather holster it will be made and boned for a high power, no need to settle for one that may work. Don't forget Kramer as well, excellent holsters and if you get the horsehide they are a little thinner than cowhide and tougher.

Good things to know! I have thought about a good (high end) OWB holster for my 1911s, and hi-power. Knowing there is a difference between them in the better quality holsters might just make me buy two. I love my kydex/leather for IWB, but would hate to disrespect J.M.B. buy putting his creations in a plastic holster where everyone could see it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Good things to know! I have thought about a good (high end) OWB holster for my 1911s, and hi-power. Knowing there is a difference between them in the better quality holsters might just make me buy two. I love my kydex/leather for IWB, but would hate to disrespect J.M.B. buy putting his creations in a plastic holster where everyone could see it.

You can't go wrong with Milt Sparks, Kramer, Mitch Rosen, Del Fatti, Garrity, and there are more that make very nice higher end holsters. They make the holster for the specific make and model that you have. I've always liked the Kramer holsters (check ebay for these as well) as the molding is great and the leather is tough. And it's not like they are really that much more than production holsters like Galco either.

Top Bottom