• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I have just been given a Hi Standard Double Nine - 9 shot - nickel plated 22LR revolver.
    It's condition is excellent, not a mark on it.
    My question is, does anyone know which models were aluminum framed, and which were steel framed?
    I have been told that the ones like I have, are the aluminum framed ones, and only the 22 conversion models were steel.
    Thanks

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have just been given a Hi Standard Double Nine - 9 shot - nickel plated 22LR revolver.
    My question is, does anyone know which models were aluminum framed, and which were steel framed?
    I have been told that the ones like I have, are the aluminum framed ones, and only the 22 conversion models were steel.
    Thanks

Do you own a magnet?

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Got Me

A magnet, how simple does it get. I am laughing so hard I can barely type this.
    Thanks for the replies.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have the J.C. Higgins, which is made by High Standard.
    Mine is the aluminum back strap. Blued barrel and receiver with a polished aluminum back strap. It only has the .22 LR cylinder.
    I was in Maple city sports in LaPorte last week he had a nickle High Standard in there with the all steel frame with both cylinders.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Are we talking about the High Standards with traditional double action styling or the double actions with a cowboy single action look?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks
    So, OP, What did you find out? Aluminum? Steal?:dunno:
    Did the magnet stick?:)

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    It is........

So, OP, What did you find out? Aluminum? Steal?:dunno:
    Did the magnet stick?:)

It is aluminum. The barrel and cylinder are steel of course, but the frame is aluminum. This is according to my refrigerator magnet.
    I seems that what I was originally told by my local gun range guy, was accurate. Only the Hi Standard convertible models were steel framed.

Top Bottom