• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HomesteadRose

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hi everyone. I'm a 50 yo wife and grandmother from Indianapolis. Four weeks ago, I bought my first gun for self defense and was surprised to discover how fun range shooting can be. I've been lurking on INGO for several weeks now as this seems to be growing into a hobby for me. I'm planning to expand my firearms and get a Ruger 10/22 takedown and Ruger LCP in the near future.

Last edited:

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    :welcome: to :ingo: I encourage you to take a class or two, maybe basic pistol and an introductory firearms self defense class. There are two ladies only classes being offered this month. Check out the ladies forum for further details. Again, welcome aboard.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO! I'll second poppy's advice. Get some training and welcome to the joys of shooting. In addition to the Ladies forum, there is also a dedicated Training forum that you can check to look for classes.

PS- You mean a Ruger LCP, right?

HomesteadRose

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hi Poppy and thanks for the info. I took the Ladies Basic Pistol offered by Tactical Firearms Training a few weeks ago. It was a great experience and I would really like to take more classes on self defense, so I'll definitely check those out.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Welcome. I have taught my wife (also a grandmother) to shoot. She can shoot her revolver pretty well, but does not want to go very often. That must be just her, because when I worked at the range, I would instruct quite a few ladies who would come back many times for fun and recreation while they practiced their skills. I know one tiny older widow who actually saved her own life when two thugs broke into her house. I am glad you are enjoying the sport.

One tip before buying a new handgun. There are several public ranges that rent handguns. IF you have your eye on a particular model, try to find a range with one or something similar to rent. It sure beats buying one and then finding out you cannot shoot it well or that you do not like it for some other reason. I have seen the rental of handguns change people purchases many times.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom