• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I haven't been on here a lot due to a move to Florida 2 years ago but thought I might share here again as it does in part pertain to all of us. I apologize if this has been already brought up but I will share my personal experience I am dealing with now
    On 2-24 I received a firearm in to my local guns tore to pic up. *I ordered it online from a legal gunstore and had it legally shipped to my local gun shop that carries a valid FFL. *Doing this allows to have it transfered to me after a background check just like any firearms purchase.*

I received the call my firearm had come in and I could pick it up when I had time to stop in for my firearms background check. *I went to the shop and my background check was run. *It took over an hour on the phone to even get an agent to run the check. *In minutes after getting an agent the check came back as "denied". *Off the story a bit I have to mention that 3 weeks prior I had ordered a gun and the check came back clear as it should since I have never been in trouble. *Not even a speeding ticket in my record. *The FFL said this was the first time he had ever had this. *

After some research we found that I had to send in an appeal using thier online form on the NICS website. *I did this immediately. *It says I will receive a reply and reason for the denial within "5 business days". *I thought great, *I can get this cleared up since I know it is a mistake on their part. *

I wait 9 business days allowing for plenty of time for the response to clear the mail. *I attempt to call but have no options to talk to a real person on the phone. *I play the idiot and go directly to the department that does the initial background checks for FFL holders. *I'm told I have the wrong department but I am transferred to an actual agent who is supposed to do the appeals. *

I speak with the "appeals agent" *whom is very polite and respectful. *I keep my cool although very frustrated. *She continues on to tell me that at this time they have a backlog of over 3 months and she can't give me a possible date on when I might hear back about the appeal. *She is very apologetic. *I ask her if she can look into it personally since there is in no way I should be denied. *She states that she is ordered not to do any appeals and as of now the department has been suspended to do just background checks. *

A quick Google search reveals the underlying cause of it all..... *Obama's executive order to press more firearms regulations. *Apparently in the order Obama wants more money to hire even more agents to cover background checks. *But the agents were keeping up during a surge in checks not so long ago. *The day the executive order went into effect the denial agents were pulled and a request for 200+ agents was sent to Congress. *This could take months or even years. *In the mean time law abiding citizens are now being denied thier right to buy firearms in record numbers. *Eliminating the denial process allows the government the right to keep us from arming ourselves on clerical errors. *Researching new gun owners reveals record number of first time firearms buyers over the last few months. *This comes in the wake of the order and people fearing they may not be able to purchase firearms.*

A little about myself. *I have been purchasing firearms legally for 22 years. *I have never been denied. *I have a lifetime concealed carry permit and no criminal record. *Once I got my denial I had a criminal check run as well as contacted Indiana and Florida state police agencies to see if there was a mistaken identity that led my name to be connected to some sort of crime. *I came back clean. *My current firearms permit is not restricted or changed in any way. *Legal action or class act suits could take years and countless dollars from legal citizens. *We as American citizens are now being denied our legal right according to the second ammendment. *Our president finally made his move and hid it in fine print. *

I just wanted to share with you a new low in corruption our president has slipped through the cracks.*

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals | The Daily Caller

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    In 318 days this disaster will no longer be able to directly infringe on our freedom. It will be a good day for us.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This actually started after the last time the President addressed the nation and talked about executive orders.
    Somewhere we have a thread on it.
    Yes, basically it is them getting around the fact that the time limit was put in place to prevent something like this from happening. But instead of attacking the initial NICS check, they're attacking the appeal process.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So, let me get this straight... Barack finds a way to hire 20,000 new IRS agents to enforce his **** healthcare law but can't come up 200 FBI agents for NICS checks, right?

Come and defend this, sycophants.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, let me get this straight... Barack finds a way to hire 20,000 new IRS agents to enforce his **** healthcare law but can't come up 200 FBI agents for NICS checks, right?

Come and defend this, sycophants.

Defend it? Heck, they're probably broadcasting "see how bright we are to stop those nasty pro-gun people"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    can't come up 200 FBI agents for NICS checks, right?

"Legal Instruments Examiners" do the appeals examinations, not FBI agents. I only know this because I found the acronym "LIE" funny when I was cruising a federal jobs posting site when I first got back to the US. I figure you guys can have fun with NICS LIE as well, so consider it my gift to you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Legal Instruments Examiners" do the appeals examinations, not FBI agents. I only know this because I found the acronym "LIE" funny when I was cruising a federal jobs posting site when I first got back to the US. I figure you guys can have fun with NICS LIE as well, so consider it my gift to you.

Well, that's not even challenging. I mean, can they make it any easier? Did someone there have a sense of humor?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Semantics... My point remains valid. Whether or not a hidden agenda exists, this fails the smell test. Miserably.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"Legal Instruments Examiners"? That sounds like they all got together to find an acronym for LIE and that one won.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Could be, for now I am going to be optimistic. I don't think the FBI is done with her.

I concur...while she (and Bill) have demonstrated 'teflon' abilities in the past...she's crossed a few more lines than Bill did...if the law is truly being applied correctly.

Executive orders don't go away like executives do!

True...but they can be rescinded by a new POTUS...if we get the right one!

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Could be, for now I am going to be optimistic. I don't think the FBI is done with her.

I wish I had you optimism. It seems that her and Slick Willy always find a way out. Remember the Whitewater Real Estate issue. All of a sudden people started dying and they we somewhat bazaar and unusual accidents. She should easily be in jail for what she has done. Look how hard they are going after Snowden, and Hillary seems untouchable. I am not normally a tin foil hat kind of guy, but this one for me is hard to predict. I certainly hope you are right....

Top Bottom