• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Um not really. You need to be able to showcase your work. Take pictures of the completed room with no weapons when the construction is completed.
    Taking pictures from the outside: yes, that would be dumb.

(I am always amazed at the number of real estate listings that have pictures posted with a giant gun safe in the corner.)
    I was so lucky to have been able to move before I listed the house. No way did I want people snooping at what I have, little as it is.

My oldest was house hunting because of a new job. We went into many places and without nibbing it was amazing the stuff that was easy to see. Guns, ammo, sex toys, drugs, checkbooks, passwords on post it notes.

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    When I win the Powerball and/or the MegaMillions (any day now!), I'm going to design a house with multiple hidden rooms. Also a huge separated - yet nearby - Toy Garage. And there'll be a tunnel under ground to access it. Hidden entrances on both ends. Potentially with a hidden room or two off the corridor.

But then I'll have to figure out what to do with the folks who design and build it for me... Ahem.
    Like the garage that Brad Pitt had in "Mr and Mrs Smith"?

I loved that room.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Yawn.

I have a buddy that designs and builds custom homes. He has done some awesome hidden gun rooms and panic rooms.

Those that are educated & capable... Do.

I'm big on cellars for food, both wet & dry cold storage.
    I could have used someone educated & experienced when I built, but it wasn't the mad blind panic it is now...

I researched how cold storage was built before refrigeration, using geothermal, convection air flow, etc and teaching myself how to pour concrete, reinforce roofs, etc.

I wish I had a good spring, a spring house type setup would be nice for clean water and cooling/humidity control.

I guess you could call it 'Secret', or 'Panic Room' or whatever, but mine are for storage & work space.

I don't have delusions of movie crap, if it's temp regulated without artificial energy, clean & dry enough for food, it's liveable in an emergency.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'll have a hill top, with a secret cave entrance, with an elevator going to the top, and a .50 cal on each of the four corners of the house........
    My daughter and son in law bought a house in Florida that had a concrete gun room/hurricane proof space...pretty cool

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Reminds me of my "hot chicks" room.
    egg-incubator-500x500.jpg

Top Bottom