• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    whats the gold (brass?) thing at the back of the display that seems to be cased in acrylic?

:patriot:

Looks like it was a coin that now has two holes shot through it. Guessing .308 WIN.

Two .308 rounds through a dime. I shot it from 100yds and it didn't fall off of the target so I shot it again thinking I'd missed. I wouldn't have gone through the trouble but the two holes don't break the edge which is impossible without the first shot distorting the shape. A one in a million that I couldn't replicate if my life depended on it but I thought it was cool.

I had no prior knowledge of this... Honest!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No, No! The "I didn't really learn to shoot until years later" part.

Ahh. Well I didn't shoot my eye out but probably only because they never let me shoot a pistol. Either the marksmanship training for a non infantry soldier was crap or I was too young to pay attention (17), probably a little bit of both. Once I became a police officer I started paying attention and got better. Fell in line behind a mentor who had been a military sniper and he nudged me down the path I followed. Tomorrow is my last day on the team, I'm stepping down after 12 years so closing yet another chapter.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ahh. Well I didn't shoot my eye out but probably only because they never let me shoot a pistol. Either the marksmanship training for a non infantry soldier was crap or I was too young to pay attention (17), probably a little bit of both. Once I became a police officer I started paying attention and got better. Fell in line behind a mentor who had been a military sniper and he nudged me down the path I followed. Tomorrow is my last day on the team, I'm stepping down after 12 years so closing yet another chapter.

Loved seeing your uniform! I was 2nd ID out of Ft. Stewart, GA back in 85 - 87. Lost track of my uniforms over the years and several moves. Nice to see you kept yours around. Sorry to hear you're leaving the force. On to bigger and better things I hope?

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Preserve the uniform. I took my Dad's Army Class A from the 50's and built a 30" x 48" x 4" shadow box with a plexiglass front and placed his uniform inside, along with other items like his DD214, Ft. Leonard Wood BCT graduation book and a picture of him in uniform standing next to his 1955 TR 3. It hangs on the wall in my office and is a cool reminder of my late father.

Dirty Steve

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Loved seeing your uniform! I was 2nd ID out of Ft. Stewart, GA back in 85 - 87. Lost track of my uniforms over the years and several moves. Nice to see you kept yours around. Sorry to hear you're leaving the force. On to bigger and better things I hope?

Not leaving the force, just won't be a member of the SWAT team any longer.

Top Bottom