• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    My holster drawer isn't full of next-best-things yet. At the Indy 1500 I was impressed with the guy peddling the Hide-it holster from Personal Defense Systems. He was smooth at popping his piece in and out of his 11:00 IWB position with a cell phone holder flopped on the outside.

I find plenty of comments on other forums claiming "gimmick," but very little from bonified users.

I carry a Taurus pt111g2 subcompact 9mm.

Any comments/reviews from users?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My holster drawer isn't full of next-best-things yet. At the Indy 1500 I was impressed with the guy peddling the Hide-it holster from Personal Defense Systems. He was smooth at popping his piece in and out of his 11:00 IWB position with a cell phone holder flopped on the outside.

I find plenty of comments on other forums claiming "gimmick," but very little from bonified users.

I carry a Taurus pt111g2 subcompact 9mm.

Any comments/reviews from users?

I don't have one, and in fact have never even heard of them until now, but I just googled and watched the videos from the guy.

My initial impression is "gimmicky" as well, and here's why...

It's a poor solution to a problem that already has many good solutions. -concealment. There are already many many quality IWB holsters that conceal just as well without the "phone carrier", and several of them are tuckable.

Two main issues I see with the "hide-it" are retention, and two hands required for the draw.

1. Retention.

It's designed to easily and entirely come out of your pants, what keeps it there when you run/jump/crouch/etc)

2. The two-handed draw.

The ability to draw one-handed can be crucial in a self defense situation. If caught by surprise, you may need that other hand to be block attacks and otherwise defend yourself while you bring the gun into play.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    +1 Niche holster. In addition to what chez has said, it does not present a full firing grip, and it looks like a floppy affair which usually means you can't re-holster one-handed either.

Not ideal, imho. I'd rather go with a good quality tuckable rig instead if the point is to be able to carry with a tucked in shirt.

Not a new idea, btw. Years ago it was the "pager pal" holster (which is still around).

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I like the idea, but I feel like it'd fail in execution. My brother has a Pager Pal (it's old enough that he did a pager with it) and it wasn't too useful. If I'm going in the pants like that, I'd rather do a Smartcarry-type holster..

Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    Thanks. I want to like it. The skinny man with the baggy pants makes it look ideal. All in the marketing, I guess.

I've never heard a positive account from a user.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Marketing is an interesting thing like that.. Charlie (the guy featured on the smartcarry website) shows how he can do a full-size 1911 with his, but it certainly doesn't work for me. Still useful for some stuff though..

Top Bottom