High Capacity magazine ban in the works?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I gotta better idea. Let's ban murder. Oh, yeah.....:rolleyes:

Typical knee-jerk reaction from someone who hopes to capitalize on a tragedy to advance their own political ideology.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Just the inevitable coming to the forefront. More of the Left's "never let a good crisis go to waste!" mentality trying to be enacted. There will be much wailling and flailing about, but in the end it won't get too far I don't think. The sad fact remains the shooter was mentally ill. The weapon and magazine capacity had nothing to do with it. If one seeks to place blame in this tragedy, place it with those who had delt with this individual and had not responded with the public's welfare in mind! Legal gun ownership and capabilities of said gun are guaranteed each of us by the Constitution we hold so dear! Maybe others should take these facts to heart before limiting our freedoms!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder what would have happened if Mrs. McCarthy's husband had been armed when the lunatic on the train opened fire. Would he have defended himself and others, and by doing survived?

While I am sorry for Mrs. McCarthy's loss, she has no right to take it out on the rest of the country. And according to the constitution, she has no right to violate ours.

Of course, logic and reason have no bearing on the utopia at all cost group.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    wow, what's next....bringing back prohibition? If it doesn't fit our lifestyle then we just propose a ban on it? Since we are scared of it, we ban it?

When will they learn that regardless if it's illegal, even with a fine of death by firing squard, the CRIMINALS will still have them! They are only unarming legal gun owners! Criminals will never care what you ban....they will still own them and sell them! You are fighting a losing battle!

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    While they are at it lets ban cell phones. I've been rear-ended sitting at traffic lights 4 times in my life and all by people on their cell phones. Back when I was stationed in CA. I couldn't tell you how many close calls here living out in the country but it's been enough to take notice. Someone have a way of tallying up how many deaths cell phones have caused....

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Didn't you see? This is a trend. They're banning anyone driving anything over 5mph too. You don't NEED to drive any faster, and cars kill a lot of people. This will decrease mortality rates because it'll be obvious, and easy to stop anyone driving any faster than 5mph. Even if they steal a tank (as that HAS happened) they're only going 5mph so they can't do any damage so it makes the ban perfectly worth while.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    Didn't you see? This is a trend. They're banning anyone driving anything over 5mph too. You don't NEED to drive any faster, and cars kill a lot of people. This will decrease mortality rates because it'll be obvious, and easy to stop anyone driving any faster than 5mph. Even if they steal a tank (as that HAS happened) they're only going 5mph so they can't do any damage so it makes the ban perfectly worth while.

Yeah can't wait for it to happen. That's two things I like that they will have a hard time taking from me, fast cars and guns.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    said his second mag jammed. it must have been made by shearer, lol.

I dont think that these will be banned. once again though some idiots that over react will drive up prices for the rest of us, and the gun store owners and manufacturers will eat it up all the way to the bank.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    All the panic just leads to prices skyrocketing. That's the whole principle behind all of this. If people just ignored it, and refused to pay stupid prices for things, it would be gone before anyone knew it was there. I don't buy into any of it. Don is laughing his ass off, all the way to the bank, at all of the panic the Arizona incident has caused.

Top Bottom