High capacity magazine message - good and bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I think one thing that has to be done is quit calling them high capacity magazines. They are standard size for that weapon. Unless its a drum we need to correct people when we can and call them what they are. Now my 20 round Tapco for my SKS for instance is a different scenario. That is not standard for that weapon so i could see the argument for that being a high capacity magazine. Even then that gun sits there in its case and doesnt shoot anything on its own whether it is in original setup or "tactical" setup.

MrHawkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    On my receipt for my glock they are stated as high cap mags. Just saying. Mine came with 3 extras!!

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I think one thing that has to be done is quit calling them high capacity magazines. They are standard size for that weapon. Unless its a drum we need to correct people when we can and call them what they are.....

Thanks. You saved me the typing.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Let's look at the math: police hit the individual they're aiming at about 25-30% of the time. Glock 26 holds 10, that's 3 on target on a good day. Back-up mag is an evil, non-PC that holds 17 rounds, hey there's another 5. 8 out of 27? Probably optimistic if you being shot at.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I really need a good belt ^

Fixed it for you. I'm serious though, I have the same problem as you (no ass) and with a good belt (I bought a crossbreed) No matter if I have my sr9c with the 10 round mag in it or the fullsize sr9 with the 17 round mag in it I havent had to pull my britches up once where before I had the belt even with the 10 rounder I was always pulling up my pants. I'll be trying out my full size 1911 later this week, but I'm confident I will have no problems with my pants falling down.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I usually carry a single stack auto or a revolver. Along with one reload.

I can see where there could be an incident rearing its ugly head that would cause me to need more ammunition than I have access to. But; I honestly do believe I have enough ammo to see me through the most likely hostile encounters.

You roll the bones and you take your chances. Just having a gun on you will put you one step up on most of the general population......

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I used to have a 1911 with a 10 round magazine as my home defense gun, but then I switched to an M&P 45 for the slightly larger capacity. I believe for an HD handgun, a .45 can't be beaten, but I also believe in having a shotgun or a rifle handle as well

Top Bottom