Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    Here are my reasons:
    He thinks that he is the only person who can make a quality AK
    Trash talks all other builders
    Trash talks anyone who disagrees with him
    He is charging $2400 for a rifle that should cost $800.

Start with your base rifle costing maybe 6-700, remove FSB and gas block, add a BOLT ON FS/GB combo (can buy a true Russian one you pin for $100) add $60 RD stock adapter (which sucks and strips the screws out making you use loctite) add a $10 buffer tube $6 castle nut, $40 magpul stock, and $130 cerekote job. How the hell does that equal $2400?

Then he goes on saying his rifles are "Battle Proven" because he dumped mags down the range at paper while he wore his bump helmet? Yea ok lol Show me where in a war a RD rifle was used then I'll believe it.

And cussing like he does in his little reviews, really doesn't show professionalism.

There is a reason on AK files there is a thread to make fun of him called Jim Fullerofhimself

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    Here are my reasons:
    He thinks that he is the only person who can make a quality AK
    Trash talks all other builders
    Trash talks anyone who disagrees with him
    He is charging $2400 for a rifle that should cost $800.

Start with your base rifle costing maybe 6-700, remove FSB and gas block, add a BOLT ON FS/GB combo (can buy a true Russian one you pin for $100) add $60 RD stock adapter (which sucks and strips the screws out making you use loctite) add a $10 buffer tube $6 castle nut, $40 magpul stock, and $130 cerekote job. How the hell does that equal $2400?

Then he goes on saying his rifles are "Battle Proven" because he dumped mags down the range at paper while he wore his bump helmet? Yea ok lol Show me where in a war a RD rifle was used then I'll believe it.

And cussing like he does in his little reviews, really doesn't show professionalism.

There is a reason on AK files there is a thread to make fun of him called Jim Fullerofhimself

So, I have nothing in this. But your "rough numbers" add up to $946 if you say that you give $600 for the base rifle.

First off, if they have $946 in a rifle, they obviously have to mark it up enough to make a profit.

On top of that, you've got the cost of an FFL and the renewal of.

You've also got an SOT to pay for so you can manufacture class III weapons.

You've got employees to pay.

They probably have to pay rent on the building they operate out of, and if they're not paying rent I'd assume they're paying monthly payments.

Also, don't forget about the excise tax of 11% on every rifle manufactured.

I've seen many posts on Facebook from Jim Fuller saying good things about DDI, and Mesa Kinetic Research.

Like I said, I have nothing in this. I've never met or spoke to him. But you saying that they charge $2400 for a rifle that should cost $800? That's insane.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    Like I said, I'm not taking a side in the matter in any way. People have their opinions, and that's absolutely fine. All I wanted to point out is that I'm 100% sure it costs more than people think to operate a business manufacturing firearms.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    I have an Arsenal SLR 107 and Norinco 56s. Both are top notch. DDI is releasing a 100% US made AK soon that looks very impressive. They are using hammer forged bolts, carriers and trunnions. If executed properly, it will be an outstanding rifle.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    You want rifle dynamics or Kerbs. Copper custom armament in Valpo usually has a few Krebs rifles on the wall, if you want to take a look at them. David is a super cool guy and very knowledgeable. I have both RD and Krebs and both are great rifles.

Top Bottom