High-fence deer shooting preserves .....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    An Indiana House committee passed a legislative proposal today that could pave the way for the state’s five high-fence shooting preserves to stay open.
    http://www.indystar.com/article/20130401....House-committee

The amended SB487 passed the committee this morning by a 6-2 vote. Everyone needs to contact his representative and senator in the Indiana legislature and get them to vote this bill down right away.

Saunders and Arnold voted no. The rest ducked out of the vote or voted yes. Neither Arnold nor Saunders received money from the deer farmers:

http://campaignfinance.in.gov/PublicSite....?FilingID=49177

Here is the newly amended bill :noway:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2013/PDF/HCRF/CR048701.001.pdf

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not necessarily opposed to it if it is done properly. If someone wants to high fence 10K acres or more, manage the deer herd for quality bucks (via culling and nutrition) and allow people to pay to hunt them, I'm ok with it.

Baiting the deer, fencing in 500 acres, bringing in mutant deer and running them to the "hunters" I don't agree with. Probably best just to prohibit it.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't see the problem. Their land, their money and time investment into theherd. Whether its sporting or not is debatable, but I don't think it should be banned. No one is forcing anyone to hnt there.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Lot of constitutional law purists on this site. Where are you? Personal property?...Privacy?...Don't tell me what I can and can't do on my own property?...

Screaming offences and blasting horns in the ears of grieving parents at the graveside of their sons and daughters is wonderful expression of your 1A right...?...

C'mon guys - you gonna lay off penned deer hunting?

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    If any of you saw this same story in northern Indiana the other day on thier news station, my cousin was the one they talked to that said he wouldn't hunt on the preserves but doesn't think they should be shut down.....he's famous now!

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Everyone needs to contact his representative and senator in the Indiana legislature and get them to vote this bill down right away.

That's assuming an awful lot. Like, I actually oppose it. Their property their rules. I don't think it should be banned in any way shape or form. Rather I think the law should be made to protect the public herds from whatever disease or mutations the ones on private property carry.

If they encroach on this property right what other property rights will they encroach on?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You guys have convinced me. You're right, their property their rules. I just also expect the fact that it is their property, their rules and their decisions should something go wrong (CWD which gets spread from one of these places to the natural herd) doesn't end up being forgotten when we end up paying the price for it.

I personally think the fish farmer who's ponds were flooded releasing asian carp into the Mississippi river years ago should be spending all of his time cleaning and polishing everything he owns so it can be sold at auction before he works for free building roads for the rest of his life to pay for the damage he caused to the waterways and the millions spent trying to control them. His property, his rules, his decision and his responsibility.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    You guys have convinced me. You're right, their property their rules. I just also expect the fact that it is their property, their rules and their decisions should something go wrong (CWD which gets spread from one of these places to the natural herd) doesn't end up being forgotten when we end up paying the price for it.

I personally think the fish farmer who's ponds were flooded releasing asian carp into the Mississippi river years ago should be spending all of his time cleaning and polishing everything he owns so it can be sold at auction before he works for free building roads for the rest of his life to pay for the damage he caused to the waterways and the millions spent trying to control them. His property, his rules, his decision and his responsibility.

With great freedom comes great responsibility. I agree.

Top Bottom