• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    A guy that worked LP with me got into a scruff with a shoplifter. His hi-point fell out of his holster, discharged, and gave him a vasectomy. He's luck to be alive. Not to say its the guns fault. (i think it was mother nature doing us all a favor really, he shouldnt be reproducing) That could happen with any weapon, i know. Just made me think of it.
    Anyone have any accidental discharges with other weapons when dropped?

How old of a Hi-Point was this? Mine has two drop safeties.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Ahhhh geezz did ya get the part that it's retro fitted with a ATI stock, it didn't get that way by using the "I Dream of Jeanie head bob." So I think I've see the inside of it while putting that ATI stock on.

In the entire time I've had it since it was new, I've put over 1500 rounds through it, no failure to feed, fire, eject. Nothing, nada, ate everything I've fed it. That includes over 10 different 9mm loads and styles.

Now the above is not Paco Purple for sarcasm, but I get darn tired of crap being blown at me for owning this cheap but fine carbine that I would gladly put up against the Ruger CX4 Storm.

The handguns are a different beast, and the carbine is worth every penny spent on it.

So unless you've owned a carbine or you have some magical insight that myself or other Hi-Point carbine owners on here don't know about or just blatantly blind and oblivious to it's defect, cool your jets and find someone nearby to let you shoot it so you may change your mind about it.

Frankly I think I'll throw this in with the same comments Taurus's get.
    " I heard this from my brother's sister's aunt who has a milkman that lives across the street from a blind man who talked to little 6 year old Johnny that got this from his teacher that talked to some guy on the internet. Because I heard it there, IT HAS TO BE TRUE!"

1) I wasn't talking to you

2) I have owned 4 Hi Points, including the carbine.

3) I said nothing regarding the reliability of the product in question.

Find somebody else to aim your back-lash at.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Although I would not own a hi-point pistol - I do however own a hi-point carbine.

I got it in a trade and while it's hideous, I have to admit, it's an excellent shooter. This is the only hi-point I'm willing to make an exception. Although I only use it to plink with, it's not anything I'd trust my life with as there is no need to carry it :).

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Hi-Points are cheap. They exist to be sold to people who cannot afford a better method of self-defense. If you can afford better, you should buy better. I think that they are the best thing in their price range. They're better than Bryco/Jennings/Phoenix/Raven/Whatever, not saying that's good, but whatever.

You get a lifetime warranty for the same reason Kias get a 10 year/100,000mi warranty, because they suck, just not as bad as some people say they suck. If you are poor, they will get you to work.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Those of you who own a carbine, but have never owned a Hi Point handgun... you should do yourselves a favor and look at them more closely.

The carbine is essentially a HiPoint handgun inside of an outer casing. The is little if any difference in how they operate. The notion that the Carbine is somehow superior, or more reliable is a pipe dream. The Hi Point operating system is what it is; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... but its all ok, because there customer service is so good. :rolleyes:

1) I wasn't talking to you

My post was #4 and the first to mention the Carbine, if not me then who, Kaboom or Squib who was posts 5 & 6? Does not matter.

2) I have owned 4 Hi Points, including the carbine.

Sooooo you must have liked them enough to buy 4, what did you do, buy a Glock and become a Hi-Point snob?:):

3) I said nothing regarding the reliability of the product in question.

The above in red contradicts that, direct comparison to the handgun.

Find somebody else to aim your back-lash at.

Hey just jumping on what I seen, looked to me like you threw the carbine under the bus. Looks like 8 members in this thread currently have a carbine and they all have nothing but good words to say about it.

So 8 out of 9 (guess I'll count you as a non carbine supporter since you did not care to say how you felt) like/love it, so that's a 88% approval rating (double what Obama can do :laugh:). So I'd say that compares pretty good to other firearms/carbines.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    They are what they are. They obviously have a market because from what I've read, they sell pretty well.

I don't own one but will get one (c-9) so if anyone in NW Indiana is unhappy with theirs and want to sell it cheap....send me a pm ;)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yesterday I participated in a defensive handgun course in Lima OH....worth every nickle and a great instructor...the old guy next to me was shooting a relatively new High Point sub compact in 9mm....

Over the course of the day and shooting 250 or so rounds I never saw a hand gun FTE, stovepipe, double feed and in general shoot like crap than that High Point...I am not sure of the model.

The class instructor who was an outstanding shooter even ran the gun and couldn't get it to group....I have never owned, handled or shot a High Point but it was pretty obvious to me that I wouldn't buy one let alone trust my life to one....

This is just my observation of an amatuer shooter with an inexpensive gun....but it convinced me not to have one...

For what it is worth there were 4 people shooting the XD subs in 40s&w and they shot great and were very accurate.:rockwoot:

I was giving a class and a guy with a brand new High point 9mm. After the first 50 or so rounds I noticed him having to push the slide forward with his thumb after every shot!! and it got worse from there.

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    +1 for the carbine, I have a 995ts and it is everyone's favorite gun of mine to shoot, never any jams or misfires. As for a Hi-point in a SD situation, I wouldn't buy one for that purpose. But to each their own.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    This thread has made me cry. Bringing my precious Ruger brand into it. :crying: A guy I know bought a HI Point .45 pistol, he said he likes it alot, I haven't gotten to shoot it yet. Have been thinking about getting the Carbine in .45 whenever it comes out, but may opt for the 9mm instead. The Beretta CX4 Storm looks pretty sweet too, but since it's not made in America and 3X the price can't see spending my money on it. I think that for 200 bucks any working pistol couldn't be a bad buy if you just want a plinker. Seeing that it was a new gun, it may be that it just needs to be broken in more. Cheaper tends to mean less tolerance control/QC.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    This thread has made me cry. Bringing my precious Ruger brand into it. :crying: A guy I know bought a HI Point .45 pistol, he said he likes it alot, I haven't gotten to shoot it yet. Have been thinking about getting the Carbine in .45 whenever it comes out, but may opt for the 9mm instead. The Beretta CX4 Storm looks pretty sweet too, but since it's not made in America and 3X the price can't see spending my money on it. I think that for 200 bucks any working pistol couldn't be a bad buy if you just want a plinker. Seeing that it was a new gun, it may be that it just needs to be broken in more. Cheaper tends to mean less tolerance control/QC.

LOL The .45 Carbine has been coming out for at least a year... It may actually come out though with the new TS stock

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I cannot say anything about their handguns. I do own a 995 and have never had a problem with it. Everyone that shoots it smiles. After firing atleast 800 rounds down the 995 I am looking at picking up a handgun. It won't be a carry but after it proves it worth I can see it becoming a trunk gun or possibly a night stand gun.

The people that complain about them are just mad that a $150 "ugly" firearm can shoot the same groups as their top end firearms.

On a side note I own a glock and a sigma. My sigma shoots tighter groups than my glock. But since it was cheaper than my glock their is no possible way that it is better!

Top Bottom