• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    I have saw the ugly high point pistols and read some on them but i was wondering do any of you own one? would you buy one? what has been your direct experience with them? thanks guys:):

the .45?

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I bought one a few weeks ago off a member here. It's the C9 model in 9mm. I bought mine for the sole purpose of seeing what they are about. I have had so many people tell me they are junk or won't work right. Where as I have heard others say they are alright for the money and better then nothing. So far I have put two mags through mine, I know that isn't much but mine never had a FTF or FTE. It also hit what I was aiming for. :D

As for the 45 model... I wouldn't want either of the bigger caliber pistols... the 9mm fits OK in my hand, but both the 40 and 45 models feel like a power drill.

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    I have fired the .45 couple times. Its heavy, that the only complain I got and the fact it jammed non stop. But then I fired 9mm and same just heavy, no jamms. From what I heard it 50/50, I like it if I ever bough one I would care too much for it, becasue its cheap and life time warranty no question. In my opinion I say go for it, because its cheap and the only complains I keep hearing is that its heavy and ugly.

KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    I've shot a C9 quite a few times, and though it is ugly as sin, and heavy, the thing shoots pretty well. Seen a C9 have 1000+ rounds through it, no jams; Assuming you dont limpwrist as was said before. For the price a brand new C9 goes for, and the warranty is just wonderful, I'd say its a good buy. You cant expect it to be a Glock, but it will do its purpose.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I own a CF380 and a C9. Both are great. Over 1000 rounds through the .380 with no malfunctions and no problems with the C9 through 500 rounds. I know several others that own them as well with no complaints. Very accurate and easy to shoot. For what they are they work. I never cared to much for the .40 or 45 version though, just way too bulky for me. These guns for me are good truck guns, camping guns etc. If something were to happen to it I would not be as mad as if it were one of my other guns. I have also been pretty impressed with their carbines as well. All in all yes they are ugly, kind of heavy, and low capacity but in all of my experiences with half a dozen or so of them, they do work.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I also have a c9 and from a price vs enjoyment standpoint, it's a blast. Mine will lock back like it's the end of the magazine every now and then, but I think that's because I was shooting steel case ammo that it didn't really like. Worked fine with federal brass and blazers.

All in all, mine cost me 99 dollars used after bg check and I feel it was well worth it, no matter how ugly it is.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a C9 as well. It was okay when I got it used. But I cleaned it real well and now it eats anything I put through it.

It would not lock back on empty with the original 8 round mag. But I bought a new 10 round mag and the gun functions perfectly.

Perfectly fine for hitting center of mass from 7-10 yards.

I trust it enough that I gave it to my daughter...

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Had the C9 as my starter gun. Never a problem but foolishly traded it. I'm going to get another to carry in my car - if stolen - cheap to replace and reliable.
    I have the 995 carbine and again - never a problem and the most fun gun to shoot at an indoor range with the laser sights. Too much fun.

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    I have the .45 Ive shot about 250 rds. through it and never jammed or ftf once it is kind of heavy but Im a bigger guy so thats no problem I could see how someone with small hands wouldnt like it. It seems pretty accurate to me, in my opinion its a great gun for the money I think the earlier ones were more prone to problems[ I would definitly buy one again ] go for it :)

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I have a .40 and friend has a .45 not a problem with either one, no FTF or FTE. The one thing we both agree on with a High-Point is if you run out of bullets they make an excellent club. :):

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    yea i have been thinking about picking one up just to keep at home and i dont own a 45 so thats what i was considering ....didnt feel great in my hand the other day when i was looking at it at 21st century so i end up getting the p95 but i still would like to have a 45 and was wondering if it was even worth considering thanks for the input

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    great pistols for the value, watch the" "hi point torture test" on youtube and you'll be sold.

the reason they are so heavy is becasue they do not use a locking breach system, they just make the slide so heavy that it delays the cycling of the slide.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have a C9 and it is a great gun for the money. I even carry it on occasion. It is simple and has been reliable. I have ghost ring sights on mine and they work great. They wont get you any special attention or increase your testerone but they work and are worth it if they are all you can afford. There is nothing wrong with a High point as long as you make sure it will feed reliably.

Top Bottom