• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    This isn't necessarily gun related but definitely SHTF equipment. When I started my college career I got a High Sierra Access backpack to accommodate a very large laptop. Last month I was looking through my closet to find a backpack replacement for my work laptop bag and found it. The shoulder straps had badly frayed over the years where the suspension system is. I did very much like and value this bag when I was using it daily so I called High Sierra and asked if I could get some sort of discount on my next bag in light of what had happened to my original bag...this is what happened.

They agreed to consider my position and requested pictures of the bag, the damage, the serial number and model tags inside the bag, etc. They also requested a copy of the receipt/proof of purchase complete with date of purchase. The receipt and date of purchase I had no way of providing as this bag is almost 10 years old. I gave them the year and approximate month of purchase. Two weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything so I called back and they "refreshed" the incident ticket with the pictures I had sent.

Four days later I got an email stating that I'd been approved for replacement. REPLACEMENT! They didn't want to give me a discount, they wanted to REPLACE the bag! They requested I submit three bags from their website that I would like to replace it with and three colors that I would prefer. I took advantage at this point. I compared similarly priced bags and requested a 75 Internal Frame as my first choice followed by the Access and one other bag. They sent the 75!

Looking at their website I don't see the 75 listed anymore and it WAS shown as Clearance when I requested it so they obviously were trying to get rid of this model. I still thought that replacing a bag that was 10 years old for its failures with a brand new bag was top not customer service. Before sending me a new bag they required more pictures of my original bag with the logo cut out of the front and the tags cut out of the inside. I did a very clean job of cutting the logo off so now I have a busted and tattered "range" bag as well as a nice new bug out bag.

+1 for High Sierra!

-Dobber

Top Bottom