• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I didn't bother counting. But there's gotta be nearly 20 cop cars. For a 45 minute chase, it's 15 man hours chasing down one purse snatcher. He p'ownd them up until the end.

What is it with Louisville crooks and the Sherman Minton Bridge?????

"Quick...Let's get to Indiana...We'll be over the state line and they'll never be able to take us back to Louisville...."

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Couldn't help but think what would've happened if Chase McPickup had played more Assassin's Creed instead of Grand Theft Auto.

He would have ditched the truck and scaled Sherman Minton bridge while throwing caltrops in front of the police cars below.....Then dove into the river, grabbing a log and come out downstream in Leavenworth...Saunter up to the Overlook and order some good fried chicken while looking at flat old Kentucky across the way....:)

overlook_600.jpg

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I wonder why the police officer at the crash came out of his window instead of using his door. It didn't look like there was any damage to the door.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He would have ditched the truck and scaled Sherman Minton bridge while throwing caltrops in front of the police cars below.....Then dove into the river, grabbing a log and come out downstream in Leavenworth...Saunter up to the Overlook and order some good fried chicken while looking at flat old Kentucky across the way....:)

overlook_600.jpg

I've been there a couple times. Nice place.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    When he first went off-roading, it was almost as if he wanted some comedy on the highlight reel.

And to think how close they got to ending it when they were on the interstate... would have helped keep him from getting the beatdown, perhaps.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    The officer with the rifle in the dark car is quick! He's the one that hits the truck first and he's out and around the back of his car with his rifle up within like 3 or 4 seconds. That dude was spring loaded!

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    I'm totally not impressed!

Over a hundred chances to do a PITT MANUVER! When PD cars passed BG, why not shotty the rear tire out? IMO, went on too long, not enuf
    done to expediently end chase. Plus LV PD beat the **** out of the guy, ISP stopped it and took him away!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Over a hundred chances to do a PITT MANUVER! When PD cars passed BG, why not shotty the rear tire out? IMO, went on too long, not enuf
    done to expediently end chase. Plus LV PD beat the **** out of the guy, ISP stopped it and took him away!
    Inwas thinking the same thing. That point just before he exited on Grant Line, when the three cops got in front of him, I thought they had him. I thought okay, now the one coming up on him will do a PIT on him and it's over. Then the dude just sped around them.

Part of the problem was also that there were WAY too many police involved. There were a few times they came really close to getting him and another car got in the way. They should have had him at the IU Southeast campus. It was hilarious when he used one cop car to set a pick for the one who was on his ass. So many cops just got in the way.

That's why it's really well suited for the Benny Hill theme song.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    In fairness to the LEOs, I'm sure it is much harder to coordinate a a safe pit from a ground view instead of the convenient aerial viw provided by the news chopper.

The chase did go past St Mary's, though I don't think the camera ever showed more than a bit of the cemetery in front. I've driven and ridden a bicycle on most of those roads.

The officer in the dark car seemed to be the only one trying to make contact. He narrowly missed a pit on campus at IUS as well. As for the officer who climbed out his window

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

Not every LEO can perform a PIT maneuver. The department has to have a formal policy on it and the LEO's must also be properly trained. The crimes they're pursing him for have to be considered as well. It's not as easy as ramming any car that leads LE on a pursuit.

Top Bottom