• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    Can anyone give me an opinion on the high standard 1911's?

I found one at Cabelas today for $480 and I was just wondering if they're any good?

I checked the search and the only thread I can find the OP's posts were censored so it wasn't much help.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I bought one at Bradis a couple of years ago for $449 and thought a lot of the gun. It's sitting in the locker now. I probably put three hundred rounds through it with no problems OTHER than occasionally the slide didn't stay back after emptying the mag. Maybe once out of every 6 or 7 mags it would do that. I never tried another mag in it.
    Very good shooter and wouldn't hesitate about acquiring another one.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've never fired one, but have handled them in stores, I liked what I saw, reviews seem pretty positive. I believe they are made in the Phillipines, usually pretty good to ok quality.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    If I recall correctly these are made by Armscor, which also makes Rock Island Armory 1911's

Anyway regardless of what is rollmarked on the slide they aren't bad 1911's for the money.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Armscore is the producer of the Citadel, and for the most part people like them. Especially when you look at price. There are some price differences between the two, given how the Citidal is tricked out. Unlike the Rock Islands, the HS comes with a Novak adjustable sight. That alone more than makes up for the difference in price.

The HS also has nicer, checked grips, and I think the mag well is slightly tapered, as well. It's just my opinion, but the finished looks as though it is a bit nicer. Given the price, I'd say you did well with an LGS. You can find them for a bit less on line, but once you add in shipping and transfer fees, they are not a deal.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it; good choice.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I have a High Standard Crusader made by Armscor, but I've had it for a couple years now. Someone else may be making them now.
    If the one you were looking at is made by Armscor, get it. You won't be sorry. I have put over 1000 rounds of various FMJ and hollow points through mine without a single FTF or FTE. It is very accurate for having a short sight radius, and is comfortable to carry all day.
    All in all, I'm extremely happy with it.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    Thanks for the info, it seems to be a pretty nice gun its got hogue grips, novak sights, skeletonized hammer and trigger and it came with a wilson combat mag.

I hope to get it to the range today and see how it functions.

Top Bottom