• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Came across one of these the other day. Neat little guns that shoot well. I can't say I am crazy about the short grip but it doesn't effect it's ability to shoot.

It is a survivor in the fact it has lived out the entirety of it's life in a holster. Usually that means one side is a rusted mess, but this one was cared for and only suffered from bluing loss. I still have the holster.

DSC06055.JPG
    DSC06054.JPG
    It took 2 hours to take down and clean with the end desired result is a touching up of the blue.
    DSC06056.JPG
    DSC06057.JPG

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    I had one, shot 22 standard vel ammo great. My brother has my granddads model B, he was a civilian during WW11 and fixed radios on airforce planes, after pearl harbor he had to be armed while on base, so he bought and carried the model B

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have had several of the HB models but I believe this is the first B in my collection. I might have one in an electro-plate finish but my rememberer is getting older.

These are made to shoot standard velocity as Kennedy said, they will not chamber hollow points with the same mag that shoots round noses.

These B's came in both takedown and non-takedown versions, some of them are marked "US". By the time the HD's came round there is actually a premium on non-US marked examples but this one still has a premium for the "US".

All the Hamden made HS pistols I have had are great shooters (as long as you have the correct mag in them) and factory mags are as high as a cats back. If you got 'em, hold on to them. (or you can give them to me...)

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I was just gifted one of these that is missing ALOT of internal pieces. It's gonna be a chore to get it shooting again. Gentleman was in the process of restoring it when he passed away and his wife didn't know anything about it. Looks like it has been re-blued and is ready to put back together, but like I said, it's missing alot of internal parts, which if I had to guess, are probably in a cup somewhere on a workbench. I have no money in it, so it should be a neat project.

Last edited:

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I was just gifted one of these that is missing ALOT of internal pieces. It's gonna be a chore to get it shooting again. Gentleman was in the process of restoring it when he passed away and his wife didn't know anything about it. Looks like it has been re-blued and is ready to put back together, but like I said, it's missing alot of internal parts, which if I had to guess, are probably in a cup somewhere on a workbench. I have no money in it, so it should be a neat project.
    Great winter project, good luck.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If I remember right, these had a quirk with field strip. Some part that will get stuck in a position that its inaccessible if you do it the wrong way?

Top Bottom